313 Iowa State/Kansas State OVER 56
    315 Wyoming/Colorado State OVER 50
  • hornhorn Super Moderator
    edited November 2011
    337 Louisiana Monroe/FAU OVER 47.5
  • okoilmanokoilman Senior Member
    edited November 2011
    Horn...

Do you like my Oklahoma State Cowboys at -3 this week? I really think this will be a blowout. No pressure on my Cowboys, need a big win, and multiple injuries for the sooners. OSU hasn't beaten ou in eight tries, but Saturday night it will be a but whipping.
  • turksureturksure Senior Member
    edited November 2011
    OU at OSU - check the weather, gametime 7 central, temp in high 30's, rain and wind. Could change by Sat, but doesn't look good.
    edited November 2011
    okoilman wrote: »
    Horn...

Do you like my Oklahoma State Cowboys at -3 this week? I really think this will be a blowout. No pressure on my Cowboys, need a big win, and multiple injuries for the sooners. OSU hasn't beaten ou in eight tries, but Saturday night it will be a but whipping.

For once, I do actually like them. Something hasn't been right with the Sooners for awhile now. I dont follow them closely enough but I assume it has a good bit to do with Broyles going down. I hope OU wins for selfish reasons but I don't see it happening. I'm looking forward to the game.
  • originalokieoriginalokie Senior Member
    edited November 2011
    horn wrote: »
    For once, I do actually like them. Something hasn't been right with the Sooners for awhile now. I dont follow them closely enough but I assume it has a good bit to do with Broyles going down. I hope OU wins for selfish reasons but I don't see it happening. I'm looking forward to the game.

Your love for your big bro!!!

I'll be there

Low 30's / rain / wind
    edited November 2011
    345 Michigan State/Wisconsin OVER 55
  • meeker15meeker15 Senior Member
    edited November 2011
    Hey Horn. Thanks for all the hard work again this year. I know it probably isn't going the way you hoped but just hang in there. Anyway, I really like the wisky and Mich St. over. I hope I am not jinxing you but I think Wisky is going to score at least 35 themselves. I think they want to prove that that was a fluke early in the year and come out to prove a point. GL to you!
    edited November 2011
    Thanks, meeker! I definitely expect Wisky to get there - could not agree more with everything you said.
  • lumpy19lumpy19 Senior Member
    edited December 2011
    Thoughts on Trent for Heisman?
  • milfhuntermilfhunter Senior Member
    edited December 2011
    horn once again whats your fav total? thx
    edited December 2011
    lumpy19 wrote: »
    Thoughts on Trent for Heisman?

I like my position at 11/1 on him.

I hope if they don't give it to him that at least Luck doesn't get it. I don't have a problem with him as a player, but he isn't deserving of the love fest he gets all the time from the talking heads. Sure, he will prob be a good pro and would have been better if he had talent and some non TE receiving options but he wasn't even the best QB in his conference, let alone best player in country, IMO. I would go Trent, Griffin, Barkley, Ball, Badger of Honey if I had to give a top 5. If Luck gets points for NFL readiness, which I think he does, then Trent shouldn't lose any ground in that discussion and his numbers are actually better than Ingrams I believe in the year he won it.
    edited December 2011
    milfhunter wrote: »
    horn once again whats your fav total? thx

Prob Wisconsin. This week's card is really tough in the major markets (sides, totals). Ready for bowl season, not many opportunities right now, IMO.
  • BookbrakerBookbraker Senior Member
    edited December 2011
    I bet Hawaii too lol. Sorry I'm a mush. I also bet Clemson +7 and Oklahama +3 1/2. GL as always. Just wanted to give you a warning.
    edited December 2011
    horn wrote: »
    I like my position at 11/1 on him.

I hope if they don't give it to him that at least Luck doesn't get it. I don't have a problem with him as a player, but he isn't deserving of the love fest he gets all the time from the talking heads. Sure, he will prob be a good pro and would have been better if he had talent and some non TE receiving options but he wasn't even the best QB in his conference, let alone best player in country, IMO. I would go Trent, Griffin, Barkley, Ball, Badger of Honey if I had to give a top 5. If Luck gets points for NFL readiness, which I think he does, then Trent shouldn't lose any ground in that discussion and his numbers are actually better than Ingrams I believe in the year he won it.

Couldn't agree with you more on Luck. But Griffin isn't the best QB in the Big 12. Sure he has had some huge games that the entire country sees, but he has had some bad games as well. Weeden is the best QB in the conference followed by Klien (K State) or Griffin. Still can't believe has had the year he had, after all he is a big slow white guy playing QB.
    edited December 2011
    Can you imagine what Griffin would be like playing QB with Okie earlier in the year when they were healthy or now with Okie State? His improvement in passing from last year to now is incredible. I used to think of him purely as an athlete that didn't throw well but my opinion has changed drastically. It would be so much fun to see him on a good team.

Tajh Boyd honestly struggled to throw a competent forward pass for Clemson this spring and he appeared to be so much better for the first half of the season until Al Groh decided to keep his two safeties deep and now everyone knows how to defend Clemson's offense. I think defenses have tried to do a number of things to stop RGIII but I haven't seen anything since that shameful bowl performance last year against the Zookers that has worked.
    edited December 2011
    Don't forget that Griffin played against Big 12 defenses... Which are anything but great. Griffin has more offensive weapons on his team than the average college football fan realizes. I can't get past the Oklahoma State -- Baylor game when the Cowboys basically called off the dogs before half and Griffin then racks up big stats against subs... That game there was no question who was the best QB on the field and he wasn't wearing green.
    edited December 2011
    I think the surrounding talent is clearly better at OK State than Baylor and the scheme is just more productive. I like Weeden, but I think he is playing in a great system where his maturity and skill players really help him out. That being said, you plug in RGIII in that system and I think the offense doesn't miss a beat and adds an entirely different element of a dual threat QB. On the other side of the coin, put Weeden (or any other QB in the country) on Baylor and I think that team would be going for their 4th or 5th win of this season against Texas this weekend as opposed to their 9th. The guy just has God-given abilities that very few humans ever have and I think he immediately makes any and every team in the country a pretty significantly improved team if he was their QB.
    edited December 2011
    Here is something that puts RGIII's numbers into perspective:

Mike Vick: 3,279 passing yards, 21 passing TD's, 12 INT, 56.3 comp%, 1,216 rushing yards and 17 TD's

RGIII: 3,678 passing yards, 34 passing TD's, 5 INT, 72.6 comp%, 612 rushing yards and 7 Td's

The one thing I didn't mention.. That is two years of Mike Vick at VT. His 1999 and 2000 seasons combined where as RGIII's numbers are only what he has put up through 11 games this season. The guy is a phenom.
    edited December 2011
    You like anyone on Friday night games? I was leaning Ohio and Oregon... Finally hit both games on Thursday. Still love my Oklahoma State Cowboys this week. I can't see zero u keeping up with the 'boys. Biggest game in Stllwater since I think '84 when both were ranked #2 and 3. Haven't seen the Cowboy fans this confident ever.
    edited December 2011
    One of my best friends is a new reporter in ok city now. I tried to see if he could get me sideline passes to the game but no luck...

I don't really have an opinion on the MAC game, this one is always fun to watch but hard on the blood pressure to bet.

I like UCLA. Line is silly:

UCLA @ Southern Cal -16
    UCLA @ Oregon -31.5

Hard to gauge all of the intangible though going on at UCLA right now. I think playing them first half is the way that I may go, less time for them to quit if they go that direction..
    edited December 2011
    Gave away two tickets today. Still going to the game but I have other avenues to get ticKets if you are in town
    edited December 2011
    thanks, i appreciate that. I didnt end up going cause i wasnt sure on the tix when i had to make my decision
    edited December 2011
    402 ODU/Georgia Southern UNDER 61
    409 Stony Brook/Sam Houston State OVER 59