190 Mississippi PICK

189 Louisiana Tech/Ole Miss OVER 51

Comments

• hornhorn Super Moderator
    edited November 2011
    Louisville -3 (-118)
  • SunBelterSunBelter Senior Member
    edited November 2011
    How do you think the Rebs will react to the coaching news Horn?
    edited November 2011
    SunBelter wrote: »
    How do you think the Rebs will react to the coaching news Horn?

Hard to say, I wish they canned him now and named someone internally - similar to Zona few weeks ago. Doesn't change my opinion any but it was a smaller play for me to begin with.
  • SunBelterSunBelter Senior Member
    edited November 2011
    The public doesnt think to much of him staying either. They are +2 now. The guy has cleared almost 10 million dollars in 2 buyouts. I dont care what anyone thinks about his coaching ability, the man is an F'ing financial genius.
    edited November 2011
    Saw elsewhere there are rumored suspensions - not sure how much truth or to whom. Most PR are gonna like La Tech anyway so I think it was a culmination of things that caused it to steam. Agree the guy is a financial wiz.
    edited November 2011
    189 Louisiana Tech/Ole Miss OVER 51
    edited November 2011
    I won't count these in the record but I have a big bet on Marshall TT O16.5 and think Alshon Jeffrey Over 57.5 receiving yards at +$ is worth a look as well if you have access to either.
  • originalokieoriginalokie Senior Member
    edited November 2011
    Agree on TT
    You ought to count plays, only if you wish to
    BEST
  • milfhuntermilfhunter Senior Member
    edited November 2011
    not concerned about the wind in tulsa? was looking at over as well
    edited November 2011
    Agree on TT
    You ought to count plays, only if you wish to
    BEST

Not sure they are available at the right books. Glad you agree, have a good saturday, BB.
    edited November 2011
    milfhunter wrote: »
    not concerned about the wind in tulsa? was looking at over as well

Don't see much doing as far as wind goes. Currently 1 mph with occasional gusts up to 17 mph. Loks like there are some advisories for high winds but without having firsthand knowledge and just some reports that it doesn't currently seem to be an issue, it doesn't bother me.

I was really impressed with the Marshall offense against UAB and looked like they may have turned a corner. Some weather games, QB shake-ups, and a front-loaded schedule make Marshall's offensive numbers appear much worse than they are. I'm still not a buyer of the Tulsa defense, although they sorta fall victim to skewed defensive numbers with a front-loaded schedule as well. Tulsa just doesn't pass the eye test to me on defense.

"A few weeks back, they changed quarterbacks and seemed to go even more productive offensively," Blankenship said. "A.J. Graham is their guy and it appears to us that they've rallied behind him. Tron Martinez is an outstanding running back and we believe their most effective receiver is Troy Evans. He's a guy that's really quick and appears that he can do everything."

Tulsa pass defense is suspect and if they lead late, I anticipate plenty of opportunities for Marshall to try to exploit that as they are still in the hunt in the East and in the hunt to go bowling so I think we see a fully focused effort off the bye week. Imagine we see plenty of snaps for both sides here.