edited October 2011
    356 Colorado +32.5
  • hornhorn Super Moderator
    edited October 2011
    354 Missouri +7.5
  • Rainman.rckRainman.rck Senior Member
    edited October 2011
    Thanks horn!

What is your YTD NCAAF record if I may ask?
    edited October 2011
    I'll post it tonight when I get home, I have it on a sheet but not at office.
    edited October 2011
    horn wrote: »

Gotcha, thanks!
  • beefcakebeefcake Senior Member
    edited October 2011

The Office??? You mean you actually work for a living?! Here I thought you lived in the handicapping cave and ate beef jerky and donuts all week.
    edited October 2011
    beefcake wrote: »
    The Office??? You mean you actually work for a living?! Here I thought you lived in the handicapping cave and ate beef jerky and donuts all week.

I eat beef jerky and donuts all week.. However, I do it in a cube and curse clients in lieu of officials and place kickers from Monday-Friday :)
  • CoopsCoops Senior Member
    edited October 2011
    Horn - curious, what did u make line for Sparty vs Wiscy?
    edited October 2011
    Coops wrote: »
    Horn - curious, what did u make line for Sparty vs Wiscy?

Wisconsin -5

It will be interesting to see how Wisconsin fares against their first real defense this weekend. I think their numbers as a whole are just really inflated on both sides of the ball due to lack of competition faced thus far. I guess the same could be said for Michigan State considering the cupcake they've played, but I think they are the type of team that causes problems for Wisconsin. They will match them for the most part from a physicality standpoint and force Wilson to make some throws to a very underwhelming group on the perimeter. Michigan State was their own worst enemy last weekend with the dumb penalties and Michigan seemed to be the favorite of the two with the officials - those would be two concerns that I would have in this game backing Sparty as well. Only the second roadie of the season for Wisky and it will be played in a hornet's nest. Have a feeling the environment rivals that game last season when Wisky hosted Ohio State. We are at the point now where there is pretty severe inflation on all of the Top teams that have been ATM machines thus far - Hence several of my bets. It doesn't always make you feel warm and fuzzy to step in front of these top teams that have been dismantling their opposition but if they keep pumping up these numbers, I feel like I don't have much choice. It's where the value is at this point in the season in a very tough CFB market. This makes it up to 10 and I probably take the points.
  • ContrarianContrarian Banned
    edited October 2011
    It doesn't always make you feel warm and fuzzy to step in front of these top teams that have been dismantling their opposition but if they keep pumping up these numbers, I feel like I don't have much choice. It's where the value is at this point in the season in a very tough CFB market. This makes it up to 10 and I probably take the points.

I am going to have a very very large bet on Sparty if it reaches 10. Very nice situation, even at 9.
    edited October 2011
    Contrarian wrote: »
    I am going to have a very very large bet on Sparty if it reaches 10. Very nice situation, even at 9.

Crazy it's up to 9 already. Will it keep going higher? I like Wisconsin here but don't see how we can pass up Mich St...
    edited October 2011

The situation is outstanding, IMO. I'm just not entirely sold on Michigan State, but I guess with as bad as the Big 10 is this year, it's probably the best matchup that you can ask for. Part of me wonders if my hesitation comes from being an Alabama fan and seeing what happened in that bowl game last year. This won't be a popular opinion, but that healthy Bama team was A LOT better team than where Wisky is currently at so I guess I need to shake that game. The disparity in athleticism is just on two entirely different planets. I'll be taking Sparty, just a matter of how invested I get. Not in a wild rush considering that when i was doing my work on Sunday, I said to a friend that Wisconsin will likely be the most popular CFB play of the entire season this week. Looking around forumville, at least, it doesn't appear that I have been wrong thus far. I knew you'd be on this one you "winning ugly" SOB, you :) GL this week.
    edited October 2011
    Crazy it's up to 9 already. Will it keep going higher? I like Wisconsin here but don't see how we can pass up Mich St...

There is no point in betting Mich State right now. It's not going to close -7, I can say that extremely confidently, so there is a ton more upside in waiting to see if Wisconsin keeps taking money. I think it will probably close between 7.5 and 9.5 so it's a wait and see type deal, IMO.
    edited October 2011
    There is no point in betting Mich State right now. It's not going to close -7, I can say that extremely confidently, so there is a ton more upside in waiting to see if Wisconsin keeps taking money. I think it will probably close between 7.5 and 9.5 so it's a wait and see type deal, IMO.

Awesome, thanks! I'll be in Vegas this week from Wed-Sunday... so I can't wait to throw down!
  • caerus05caerus05 Member
    edited October 2011
    Wisconsin -5

It will be interesting to see how Wisconsin fares against their first real defense this weekend. I think their numbers as a whole are just really inflated on both sides of the ball due to lack of competition faced thus far. I guess the same could be said for Michigan State considering the cupcake they've played, but I think they are the type of team that causes problems for Wisconsin. They will match them for the most part from a physicality standpoint and force Wilson to make some throws to a very underwhelming group on the perimeter. Michigan State was their own worst enemy last weekend with the dumb penalties and Michigan seemed to be the favorite of the two with the officials - those would be two concerns that I would have in this game backing Sparty as well. Only the second roadie of the season for Wisky and it will be played in a hornet's nest. Have a feeling the environment rivals that game last season when Wisky hosted Ohio State. We are at the point now where there is pretty severe inflation on all of the Top teams that have been ATM machines thus far - Hence several of my bets. It doesn't always make you feel warm and fuzzy to step in front of these top teams that have been dismantling their opposition but if they keep pumping up these numbers, I feel like I don't have much choice. It's where the value is at this point in the season in a very tough CFB market. This makes it up to 10 and I probably take the points.

Has it ever been easier for the public than these first 7 weeks? You really could just close your eyes and bet the top tier teams and be swimming in the black. At what point do you think this changes?
    edited October 2011
    caerus05 wrote: »
    Has it ever been easier for the public than these first 7 weeks? You really could just close your eyes and bet the top tier teams and be swimming in the black. At what point do you think this changes?

I wish I was 17 again and just betting the Top teams each week, I know that..

I think lines were inflated last week although it didn't show in the final scores. I really think this week will be a really bad one for the top teams ATS. I don't like any of the Top 11 that are in play - numbers are just inflated when they open and they continue to take money. I guess Arkansas I could make the best case for but even that seems a tick too high.
  • lumpy19lumpy19 Senior Member
    edited October 2011

I'd take 9.5 and gladly pay the 10c for 10 -120 but I don't think it gets there
    edited October 2011
    377 Miami Ohio +17.5
  • CoopsCoops Senior Member
    edited October 2011
    Through various teasers, straight plays and parlays I have Wiscy -2, Wiscy -6.5, Wiscy -8.5, Wiscy -2.5, Wiscy +2 and Wiscy -7...

I will be representing the public this week I guess, lol.
    edited October 2011
    385 Washington +21
    edited October 2011
    I wish I was 17 again and just betting the Top teams each week, I know that..

I think lines were inflated last week although it didn't show in the final scores. I really think this week will be a really bad one for the top teams ATS. I don't like any of the Top 11 that are in play - numbers are just inflated when they open and they continue to take money. I guess Arkansas I could make the best case for but even that seems a tick too high.

Interesting note on Ole Piss vs Arkansas. For the last month a group has been taking out full page color adds in a local MS paper attacking the AD Pete Boone and President for Ole Piss' perpetual ineptness. It's a movement that is gaining momentum and this weekend fans are encouraged to show up to the game wearing black to "black out Boone" in efforts to further demonstrate their displeasure. Last week 4 players on the team were suspended for skipping practice and one of those players was team captain Brandon Bolden. By most accounts Bolden is a hard working stand up guy. Sounds like off the field distractions have infiltrated the mindset of players and coaches alike. Couple that with a team that lacked talent and depth from the start and you could get a very ugly end to the season. I'll be on the Hogs this weekend.
  • SunBelterSunBelter Senior Member
    edited October 2011
    I am also caerus. I cant figure out why money is coming in on the Rebs, they are a mess. Just got 15.5. Didnt Ole Miss lose their top 2 defenders last week to injury?
    edited October 2011
    SunBelter wrote: »
    I am also caerus. I cant figure out why money is coming in on the Rebs, they are a mess. Just got 15.5. Didnt Ole Miss lose their top 2 defenders last week to injury?

Yea DE Wayne Dorsey and DB Marcus Temple had season ending surgeries Sunday. Both were senior starters on a thin defensive squad. Definitely a head scratcher. I guess the Nutt vs Petrino factor could be responsible for the line drop. Ole Piss has had trouble defending plays that weren't punts and Arkansas should be able to sling that tater all over the field. Hope the line continues to drop.
    edited October 2011
    387 Auburn +22
  • lumpy19lumpy19 Senior Member
    edited October 2011
    387 Auburn +22

These kids and their drugs......
    edited October 2011
    lumpy19 wrote: »
    These kids and their drugs......

That was enough to push me over the top. I made it a good bit lower to begin with and was ready to wait but this news made it easy for me to pull the trigger.
  • BetATLBetATL Super Moderator
    edited October 2011
    Good luck this week buddy.

I'll be down in Red Stick rooting on your Auburn +22. Hopefully the Bayou Bengals will be looking ahead to the Super Bowl on Nov. 5th.

I think Auburn has a good shot to hang around in this one. Chizik and Roof's version of the Tampa-2 D seems to work well (...or at least better) against pro-style based offenses, which LSU runs a majority of the time from what I've seen. Not sure how we're gonna score but the Honey-Badger being out helps a little bit. Don't envy Moseley having to make his first start in Death Valley, that's for sure.
  • blueblue Senior Member
    edited October 2011
    Horn, can you share your reasoning on the Missouri pick? I know Missou can run the ball pretty well, but I don't think they can keep up with OSU's offense in scoring. Texas rushed for 200 yards and still lost. I think the early start time favors OSU. Keep up the good work, I enjoy reading your threads each week.
    edited October 2011
    BetATL wrote: »
    Good luck this week buddy.

I'll be down in Red Stick rooting on your Auburn +22. Hopefully the Bayou Bengals will be looking ahead to the Super Bowl on Nov. 5th.

I think Auburn has a good shot to hang around in this one. Chizik and Roof's version of the Tampa-2 D seems to work well (...or at least better) against pro-style based offenses, which LSU runs a majority of the time from what I've seen. Not sure how we're gonna score but the Honey-Badger being out helps a little bit. Don't envy Moseley having to make his first start in Death Valley, that's for sure.

Weird feeling you guys play it real tight.. Good to hear from you, have a good time.