Betting Talk

Clock Management Question

hornhorn Super Moderator
edited October 2011 in Sports Betting
End of the Hawks/Giants game. Seattle gets a PICK 6 with about 1:10 to go to go up 10 points with the XP pending. They went ahead and kicked the XP, they made it, so it won't be talked about. Would the better play for Seattle to do there is take a knee? Let's say the XP is blocked and the Giants take it the other way for a 2 pt conversion. It is now a 1 possession game. I understand that if you make the XP, it forces NY to likely make a 2 pt conversion in order to tie, assuming everything went in their favor, but I think the right move would be to take a knee. Any thoughts?

Comments

• StevieYStevieY Senior Handicapper
    edited October 2011
    horn wrote: »
    End of the Hawks/Giants game. Seattle gets a PICK 6 with about 1:10 to go to go up 10 points with the XP pending. They went ahead and kicked the XP, they made it, so it won't be talked about. Would the better play for Seattle to do there is take a knee? Let's say the XP is blocked and the Giants take it the other way for a 2 pt conversion. It is now a 1 possession game. I understand that if you make the XP, it forces NY to likely make a 2 pt conversion in order to tie, assuming everything went in their favor, but I think the right move would be to take a knee. Any thoughts?

Can't return a blocked EP in the NFL.
  • hornhorn Super Moderator
    edited October 2011
    Thread Deleted. Thanks :)
  • utixutix Banned
    edited October 2011
    I sorta feel like stevie just kicked you in the nuts.
  • increasedoddincreasedodd Senior Member
    edited October 2011
    Assuming the Giants didnt have 3 timeouts (I was not watching so dont know) the right move would have been to not score the TD. I dont know why every coach out there does not have a time at the end of the game where every player knows not to return an interception or fumble. Up 1 with no time left is better than up 10 with a minute left.
  • hornhorn Super Moderator
    edited October 2011
    utix wrote: »
    I sorta feel like stevie just kicked you in the nuts.

Funny thing is, I have have a perpetual kicked in the nuts feeling since Thurs night.
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited October 2011
    Assuming the Giants didnt have 3 timeouts (I was not watching so dont know) the right move would have been to not score the TD. I dont know why every coach out there does not have a time at the end of the game where every player knows not to return an interception or fumble. Up 1 with no time left is better than up 10 with a minute left.

Agree completely. It goes along with my biggest pet peeve, that being guys intercepting passes 20-30 yards down the field on a 4th down play. Unless you have a clear path coming back, knock it down!!!
  • minger2123minger2123 Senior Member
    edited October 2011
    Now go home and get your shine box!!
  • Chisox6Chisox6 Senior Member
    edited October 2011
    The answer to your question is they should have done the opposite of whatever Andy Reid would've done
  • PiddyPiddy Senior Member
    edited October 2011
    i cant believe you cant return an extra point in the nfl, what a dumb rule
  • WynnBigWynnBig Senior Member
    edited October 2011
    horn wrote: »

All depends if the QB or kicker have the (over or under.) ;)

--Wynn
  • bkeillerbkeiller Senior Member
    edited October 2011
    Commented on this MANY times and the response is you can't fault a guy for trying to score. They want to get on ESPN get contract incentives etc There needs to be a clause that says you can be fined for hurting the team or a coach needs to take a stand and bench someone. Problem is that half the time they don't know themselves in the heat of the moment.
  • bkeillerbkeiller Senior Member
    edited October 2011
    Green Bay almost just did it again at the end of that game. These guys want to score at any cost. PERIOD. Will not change.