Betting Talk

Am I wrong on MLB with a couple of games to go?

stepbystepstepbystep Senior Member
edited September 2011 in Sports Betting
But I think that with a couple of games to go we still have some interesting meaningful games. Tell me if I am wrong.

Boston and Tampa and Angels (with an ouside shot) games on the wild card race
Braves and Cardinals games on the wild card race
Detroit and Texas fighting on Home field advantage on first Round
Arizona and Milwaukee fighting on Home field advantage on first Round.

So betting on these FAVs.. still looks good... no letdowns yet.

Comments

• lakers22lakers22 Senior Member
    edited September 2011
    It seems to me like the redsox are done..they look tight, they are playing tight and their best pitcher lost their biggest game of the year last night..seems like they would be a good fade in the next 2 games as they will most likely be favored in the range of 155-175 vs orioles (in the next 2 games). I believe they lose at least one game and therefore you can make some $$ fading them..
  • the executerthe executer Senior Member
    edited September 2011
    Angels r done!!
    Red Sox are 6-19 last 25
    Braves are playing like ass for a month or more now
    Cards can beat lastros.
    Be careful betting favs

That being said, I do like cards tonight
  • StevieYStevieY Senior Handicapper
    edited September 2011
    stepbystep wrote: »
    But I think that with a couple of games to go we still have some interesting meaningful games. Tell me if I am wrong.

Boston and Tampa and Angels (with an ouside shot) games on the wild card race
    Braves and Cardinals games on the wild card race
    Detroit and Texas fighting on Home field advantage on first Round
    Arizona and Milwaukee fighting on Home field advantage on first Round.

So betting on these FAVs.. still looks good... no letdowns yet.

Teams like Texas, Detroit, Arizona, and Milwaukee are more worried about making sure their rotation is set than home field. Home field is small in MLB, much better to have your staff ready than to play for HF.

Angels were eliminated last night.

Show me a team in a must win and I will show you a team to stay away from. St Louis goes to Houston a game back, Atlanta has to play Phily, St Louis gets what they need and they lose. History is full of teams having "easy" games to make the playoffs and losing. It's amazing how many players think things change this time of year. Hard to play with your hands around your throat. St Louis wins when it looks like all is lost. They have a chance to pull even and they take a shit against by far the worst team in the league. Every year this happens but people still think the team playing the must win has an advantage.
  • ContrarianContrarian Banned
    edited September 2011
    Exactly, Stevie. They're in a "must-win" situation for a reason. Such faves are usually $.20 too high, at the very least.