Betting Talk

NFL RSW Prop?

hornhorn Super Moderator
edited September 2011 in Sports Betting
Never really done much with these types of props but wanted to get some opinions from our savvy NFL crowd.

Which way you go on this bet, or do you pass, and why? (If you feel inclined to say so).

Thank you very much!

Most Regular Season Wins:

Dolphins -1 +110
Vikings +1 -140

Comments

• Chisox6Chisox6 Senior Member
    edited September 2011
    I would lean MN or not play...I have MN with 7 wins this year and Mia with 6....similar teams, I think MN schedule is a bit easier (similar division, but MN gets NFC S + AFC W + Was and AZ while Mia gets AFC W +NFC E + Jax + Cle I believe) plus you get +1, although with the extra vig.
  • PiddyPiddy Senior Member
    edited September 2011
    i think minnesota can win 9 games, so if that happens +1 is pretty good, but i'm a vikes fan so take it for what its worth. I also think adrian will have his best year yet.
  • utixutix Banned
    edited September 2011
    I think if you made this play that it would have to be on the Vikings only due to the fact that Miami has to win by 2 games for you to win the bet, obviously. And I dont think Miami is 2 games better than anyone at this point.

Terrible QB, unproven RBs, 1 WR, and the list goes on.

That being said, I'm not laying -140 and putting Dbag McNabb as my QB either. Screw this bet Horn, go to the Aquarium
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited September 2011
    FootballOutsiders has Miami as a much better team than Minnesota, but Miami playing a much tougher schedule (they've got Miami with the 4th toughest schedule and Minnesota with the 28th toughest). FWIW, they have Miami winning 8.5 games and Minnesota winning 8.3.
  • lumpy19lumpy19 Senior Member
    edited September 2011
    Another good barometer is the RSW market, using pinnacle/bookmaker

Pinny
    Miami u8 -184
    Minn o7 -104

bookmaker
    Miami u7.5 -120
    Minn o7 -125

Vikings +1 is the only option here, I actually like the bet. Full disclosure I'm biased, I played Vikings o6.5 -115
  • hornhorn Super Moderator
    edited September 2011
    Thanks all, very similar thoughts to what everyone has shared. It's a credit account and sort of a unique offering so I'd be more inclined to play with a little additional vig priced in.