Betting Talk

Fan dies at Ranger game

waddywaddy Senior Member
edited July 2011 in Sports Betting
http://www.sportsgrid.com/mlb/watch-a-rangers-fan-go-tumbling-over-the-outfield-fence/

Wow, don't know what to make of this. Dude dies when the wall is only 14 feet high? Right in front of his son. Hope this doesn't knock Hamiliton over the edge. Kind of weird how the announcers are joking about it.
Wasnt the guy who fell last year at a Ranger game also a firefighter???

Comments

• Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited July 2011
    Wow, How sad is that. The kid lost his dad right in front of him and now he will have to live with that the rest of his life. How life can change in a split second.
  • cdcobbcdcobb Member
    edited July 2011
    Yes, one year and one day afterwards. They were both firefighters. He apparently was conscious when taken to the hospital. He passed there.
    Just tragic.
  • CLE-MIKECLE-MIKE Senior Member
    edited July 2011
    Absolutely awful tragedy. Scott Van Pelt opened his radio show today talking about this, and about the relationship between fathers and sons going to ball-games. Very moving stuff, I couldn't find a link for it, but something worth listening too.
  • rmbullisrmbullis Senior Member
    edited July 2011
    The Rangers have a memorial fund for the family set up on their homepage. After reading the story on ESPN and the quotes from the family it definitely brought a tear to my eye. I can't imagine losing my dad like this. I know there are a million ways to donate to great causes, but this one really hit home for me...
  • spankiispankii Senior Member
    edited July 2011
    Absolutely tragic, can’t even imagine going to another ball game. sad
  • topplayertopplayer Senior Member
    edited July 2011
    The fall was about 20 feet. He passed away on the way to the hospital. His 6 year old son was sitting in the front seat of the ambulance. I know the man's mother and father in law. Very SAd.