Betting Talk

Baseball Props

dtrain11dtrain11 Senior Member
edited May 2011 in Sports Betting
One of my locals offers basketball and baseball props, and it appears that they may be slightly off from the sharper offshores I am comparing them too. This may be against the rules, but can we share which books we consider sharpest from baseball/basketball props?

I also wanted to double check my strategy. Just wanted to check if it is appropriate to discuss these?

Comments

• CraigRASCraigRAS Senior Member
    edited May 2011
    You have to be really careful with props. There are cases where groups bet the wrong way at the bigger books. Since every max bet is going to move a prop line 15-30 cents, the offscreens (locals) copy the line that has been moved the wrong way. And you know the rest.

What I'm saying is that market capping props probably isn't the best strategy... in my opinion at least.
  • dtrain11dtrain11 Senior Member
    edited May 2011
    Thanks Craig. That was in the back of my mind. I have been watching the NBA playoff ones the last few weeks and there are some huge instant swings which your reasoning explains. I tried to watch them until gametime, but I wondered about the market integrity.
  • lumpy19lumpy19 Senior Member
    edited May 2011
    CraigRAS wrote: »
    You have to be really careful with props. There are cases where groups bet the wrong way at the bigger books. Since every max bet is going to move a prop line 15-30 cents, the offscreens (locals) copy the line that has been moved the wrong way. And you know the rest.

What I'm saying is that market capping props probably isn't the best strategy... in my opinion at least.

I think this is very dependent on how many books offer the props. Some of the baseball props(1st to score, score in 1st inning, RHE, etc) are widely available.

The NBA props at the greek move very fast right when they open and the move is usually in the right direction. They're pretty easy to beat if you bet at open. If an NBA prop is a -200 at greek and -115 at your local you'll win consistently.