Betting Talk

bet ed went to far

BomberBomber Member
edited January 2011 in Sports Betting
i placed a wager yesterday on the under wyoming after i gave them the bet they changed the line ok newyork books would never do it that way but overseas can be diferent . i said ok gave them my password..than he tells me it changed again..i lose by a hook..after i said its a check bomber how can he change it again i was about to hang up..i lose by a hook. is there anyone i can complain to ..or a way of warning other people..

Comments

• BookiefitsBookiefits Senior Member
    edited January 2011
    kiss it goodbye and move on.
  • utixutix Banned
    edited January 2011
    if you accepted the terms before hanging up the phone then its on you
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited January 2011
    If you're saying the line moved twice and you agreed to the last line you were quoted, you have no complaint.

If you're saying they gave you a line you did not confirm, that's a different story and most definitely unacceptable.

My understanding is that it's the former. In any case, if you're a recreational gambler who doesn't want multiple accounts, find a better shop to be your one and only.
  • StevieYStevieY Senior Handicapper
    edited January 2011
    About what time did you place the bet? If the clerk hadn't officially entered the play the line can still move. In the Wyoming game, there was a lot of quick movement on the total yesterday. CRIS had the following changes:

7:02:52 136
    7:09:31 135
    7:09:44 134
    7:10:02 133
    7:10:02 133'
    7:10:43 132'

If you got caught in the middle of that move at your book, it could be legit.
    edited January 2011
    I totally missed the part where you mentioned it was Wyoming under, my bad.

That was an RAS release, which is why it moved as StevieY posted above and definitely a legit move.
  • BomberBomber Member
    edited January 2011
    thanks goats ..i like to play..diferent books one play at a time . what i was upset about is that i verified the read back with a check and a password.i should of just hung up instead of waiting for him to say thanks. does bet ed have a bad rep.
  • BomberBomber Member
    edited January 2011
    what books besides bookmaker can i trust not to change the line after the bet was verified with your password
    edited January 2011
    Bomber wrote: »
    what books besides bookmaker can i trust not to change the line after the bet was verified with your password

I don't really bet via telephone, so I can't answer that question specifically, but in general, I would start with other A-rated books at SBR like TheGreek, BetJM, 5Dimes, etc. And you can of course sign up through BiggerBonus.com for an additional bonus.

Hope this helps.
  • CaptainBCaptainB Senior Member
    edited January 2011
    Regardless of whether this line move was legitimate, there are a lot of bad things written about BetED on the SBR forum, so you might want to try a better book like the ones Goats mentioned.
  • BomberBomber Member
    edited January 2011
    thanks captain they were easy to beat with the movement..after the read back and i verified with my password ..anywhere ealse would be a done deal for at least the forty years ive been playing..tgo pull that they should be running out of sponsors.. going back to bookmaker and bet jam if they ever put the totals back up. im shocked that edward is waiting for bookmaker to give out the totals..the greek and 5 dimes have all the totals up even added games..
  • utixutix Banned
    edited January 2011
    the greek and 5 dimes have all the totals up even added games..

I believe the max on these are $500 though
    edited January 2011
    thanks captain they were easy to beat with the movement..after the read back and i verified with my password ..anywhere ealse would be a done deal for at least the forty years ive been playing..tgo pull that they should be running out of sponsors.. going back to bookmaker and bet jam if they ever put the totals back up. im shocked that edward is waiting for bookmaker to give out the totals..the greek and 5 dimes have all the totals up even added games..

Edward is waiting to give out non-TV totals b/c there's no way more than a couple people could get down right now and even then it would be for tiny amounts. Greek has a $500 limit (and doesn't appreciate when you bet steam) and 5Dimes cuts most people's limits to lower than that. RAS simply can't release plays in a market with no liquidity.
  • BomberBomber Member
    edited January 2011
    thanks goats didnt realize the greek had a 5 limit. thats my new york limit .. 500.. i can only beat the line movement one place at a time.thats the price we pay for edward being the best in the buisness
  • CaptainBCaptainB Senior Member
    edited January 2011
    My experience with Greek and 5Dimes is the same as Goats.
  • BomberBomber Member
    edited January 2011
    thanks ill wait for bookmaker and bet j
  • lumpy19lumpy19 Senior Member
    edited January 2011
    thanks ill wait for bookmaker and bet j

if you're playing RAS totals those books won't help you either