Betting Talk

Goodell must have Andre Johnson on his fantasy team...

DubbsDubbs Senior Member
edited November 2010 in Sports Betting
Thank goodness, cause I do to, and Nicks is already out a couple of weeks!

Comments

• hornhorn Super Moderator
    edited November 2010
    Cortland Innegan

cause AJ beat the F outta him!
  • Deli314Deli314 Senior Member
    edited November 2010
    I really dont understand Colonel Goodell sometimes. He fines both Johnson and Finnegan 25K each, with no suspension. I really didnt expect a suspension but the problem i have with it is when a player grazes a helmet of another player unexpectedly and then gets fined 50-75 K. He is too big for his britches sometimes and I just dont know when he became a judge. I thought he should have fined them a lottle more IMO!
  • Mrtk31Mrtk31 Senior Member
    edited November 2010
    Couldn't have said it better.....& the NFL still doesn't care.

Until people vote with their wallets or feet...
  • StevieYStevieY Senior Handicapper
    edited November 2010
    Shouldn't have been suspended. Some people just need to get their ass kicked. You cheap shot someone all game, you get what you get. Old school justice.
  • orourket5orourket5 Senior Member
    edited November 2010
    Maybe it had something to do with the fact that the texans play Thursday night on the NFL owned network....didn't want to be without a marquee player
    edited November 2010
    orourket5 wrote: »
    Maybe it had something to do with the fact that the texans play Thursday night on the NFL owned network....didn't want to be without a marquee player

Couldnt agree more with this one. Johnson is the only player to watch on the Texans and the NFL has to give people some appeal.
  • MustangMustang Senior Member
    edited November 2010
    Deli314 wrote: »
    Couldnt agree more with this one. Johnson is the only player to watch on the Texans and the NFL has to give people some appeal.

Johnson is definitely their marquee player but their best player this year has been Arian Foster and based on the stats he has been the best RB in the league (leading the league in rushing yards and receiving yards for RB) - can't believe they left him on their bench for 14 games last year while the running game was struggling so badly.
    edited November 2010
    Mustang,
    I didnt mean he is their only player, i tried editing it but I was too late. Obviously, Foster and Schaub are important to their offense and then guys like Williams, Ryans and Cushing on the D.
  • footballpixfootballpix Senior Member
    edited November 2010
    There are also limitations on the commish's power along with the NFLPA collective bargaining agreement. That's why Richard Seymour was fined $25K as were Finnegan and Johnson. The players association has agreements with the league on fine caps and suspension policy.
  • kass101kass101 Senior Member
    edited November 2010
    There are also limitations on the commish's power along with the NFLPA collective bargaining agreement. That's why Richard Seymour was fined $25K as were Finnegan and Johnson. The players association has agreements with the league on fine caps and suspension policy.

ya except Finnegan was a multiple time offender and was given a much lower fine than someone like Harrison. the inconsistency is bullshit.
  • MustangMustang Senior Member
    edited November 2010
    Deli314 wrote: »
    Mustang,
    I didnt mean he is their only player, i tried editing it but I was too late. Obviously, Foster and Schaub are important to their offense and then guys like Williams, Ryans and Cushing on the D.

No problem Dell - I was just saying their best player by far this year has been Foster. Johnson has been limited by an ankle injury and Schaub has not been as sharp as last year. I just hope their defense does not get full of themselves because of shutting out the Titans and a rookie 6th round QB or else they will be in for a rude awakening on Thursday against Vick and the Eagles.

On that note the spread does not make a lot of sense to me they were +6.5 on the road against the Jets two weeks ago and now they are +8 on the road in Philly - don't think there is a big difference for Philly and the Jets home field and by most accounts the Jets have a higher power rating than Philly. Trying not to be a homer but do like the points Thursday night in what should be a high scoring game.
  • rmbullisrmbullis Senior Member
    edited November 2010
    orourket5 wrote: »

Bingo!!! Ratings & cash flow...all there is to it