Betting Talk

U need a strong heart to gamble on sports

wcf124wcf124 Banned
edited October 2010 in Sports Betting
I suppose bad beats are going to happen,If u bet the over a fumble by fsu on the 3 yard line,with under a minute to go cost u the bet.and to make it worse it was caused by a runner back knocking the ball loose from the QB,anyway it happens both ways,at time u get the break,it just hurts,when u figure to win... gl to all

Comments

• TotallyTiltTotallyTilt Senior Member
    edited October 2010
    It could have been worse, you could have had the over and Florida State -3 like I did :)
  • creamcream Senior Member
    edited October 2010
    Well, I think I had both you guys beat.... Had the Over 59, Over 28 2H. To top it off, Also had under 7 on the Rangers/Giants game...:laugh:
  • TotallyTiltTotallyTilt Senior Member
    edited October 2010
    Yeah unfortunately you do
  • challenger1challenger1 Senior Member
    edited October 2010
    I was lying in bed watching the fsu fumble destroy my over 57 so I switched it over to watch the Rangers score over three runs for me. What makes it tougher is I almost peppered the over on the Colorado Calgary hockey game but I made myself hold off and wait for these results. Get em today I guess. GL
  • GrapeApeGrapeApe Senior Member
    edited October 2010
    As I have gotten older, I don't watch the games I bet. It saves your heart!!!
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited October 2010
    GrapeApe wrote: »
    As I have gotten older, I don't watch the games I bet. It saves your heart!!!

When things aren't going well, I tend not to watch either. I even ignore checking how I did in night games until the next morning at times.

Being able to continue to fire in bets that you believe to be +EV in the midst of a losing streak is crucial for long-term success... and figuring out how to handle the tough times is almost equally important. After relying on gambling for a living for 8 or so years, I have no problem with the former but still struggle with the latter from time to time.

"Gambling is a hard way to make an easy living."
  • Ff99l1Ff99l1 Senior Member
    edited October 2010
    Goats wrote: »
    When things aren't going well, I tend not to watch either. I even ignore checking how I did in night games until the next morning at times.

Being able to continue to fire in bets that you believe to be +EV in the midst of a losing streak is crucial for long-term success... and figuring out how to handle the tough times is almost equally important. After relying on gambling for a living for 8 or so years, I have no problem with the former but still struggle with the latter from time to time.

"Gambling is a hard way to make an easy living."
    I also waite till the next morn. to see how I did, it saves alot of stress. gl ff.
  • BayOceanBayOcean Senior Member
    edited October 2010
    Mine was not as bad as the above--last night played under 45 goals in grand salami. One game left and total was 34! Now you can go to sleep without a pill and figure you have a winner--oh no! both teams score total of 11 ELEVEN goals and total beomes 45 a PUSH...
  • drnoxdrnox Senior Member
    edited October 2010
    Another thing to help with your heart is to manage your bankroll with excellence. Everything I bet lately has been 1-1.5% of my bankroll. When you're betting like that and +EV there is much less sweat.
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited October 2010
    drnox wrote: »
    Another thing to help with your heart is to manage your bankroll with excellence. Everything I bet lately has been 1-1.5% of my bankroll. When you're betting like that and +EV there is much less sweat.

I've managed to go through some swings betting 1% or less on average that have made me pretty miserable (but I can be a miserable goat at times).

That said, solid general advice.