Betting Talk

Fantasy Football Trade - Chris Johnson

BIGtimerDCBIGtimerDC Senior Member
edited October 2010 in Sports Betting
Looking to land Chris Johnson from an owner who has stated he is on the block. This jackass actually accepted a trade for Chris Johnson in return for Joe Addai and Vick except it's been vetoed haha. I'm looking pretty solid with depth right now despite only being 4-3 so looking to make a move.

My initial thoughts were Rashard Mendenhall and Malcolm Floyd and maybe toss in another player like Torain or Mike Williams for good measure. Standard 2 RB, 2 WR and 1 Flex. No PPR. Mathews has been a dissapointment but think he will come on when fully healthy down the stretch run of the season.

RBs:

Mendenhall
Lynch
Mathews
Torain
M. Bush

WRs:

Andre Johnson
Malcolm Floyd
Steve Smith (Car)
Mike Williams (Tam)

I also have Kyle Orton and he is looking for a QB. Actually have been waiting for Orton to return back to earth so was considering grabbing Stafford off waivers and/or Ryan Fitzpatrick and deal with Orton since he's got the early season hype still.

Comments

• HowardBealHowardBeal Senior Member
    edited October 2010
    I dont know if I trade Mendenhall for CJ straight up right now......if I am still left with the awful Ryan Mathews as my number 2.....if you could package Steve Smith, Mathews, Torain and Orton for him, I think your team would be all the better for it........
  • NDFan221NDFan221 Senior Member
    edited October 2010
    Why was his orginial trade vetoed? That shouldn't have happened.
    edited October 2010
    NDFan221 wrote: »
    Why was his orginial trade vetoed? That shouldn't have happened.

I thought the same thing.....
  • BiggTBiggT Senior Member
    edited October 2010
    Vetoed because of injuries to both players? Also I am the same as Howard, I would not trade Mendenhall for CJ straight up
  • BIGtimerDCBIGtimerDC Senior Member
    edited October 2010
    Ye injuries to both guys addai could be out awhile and Vick ppl don't seem to believe the hype plus eagles schedule downthe stretch all top Ds.

I picked up Stafford but remains to be seen if he could actually fill in for Orton on my squad. Mendenhall has seen his production dip slightly and I had major questions going into the season about his durability and with Ben returning not sure that hurts/helps him. Chris Johnson has a much more favorable schedule and feel like he's going to explode the second half of the season.
    edited October 2010
    Thoughts on Stafford as the every week starter? Big drop off from Orton or what?
    edited October 2010
    do you think their was collusion between the two owners making the other trade, or the league just felt that they should be able to tell others how to run their teams?
    edited October 2010
    The league is set up (by default) such that if a trade is voted against by 1/3 of the league it is vetoed completely. The guy trading CJ is 1-6 so maybe that factored into it. I don't see how that is an equal trade though