Betting Talk

Overs in NFL

jackson21jackson21 Senior Member
edited October 2010 in Sports Betting
Players rip NFL over dangerous hit rule.

Might there be a backlash of "soft" defense over this new rule enforcement? At least for a week or so?....hmm....:huhsign:

Comments

• Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited October 2010
    interesting theory. But they're still playing for there jobs and to purposely let up because of some of things that happened this past weekend IMO they would not.
    But an interesting theory and hopefully an interesting topic of discussion.
  • WynnBigWynnBig Senior Member
    edited October 2010
    NFL players love to test the limits of authority and do not seem to mind the fines. It may even help with their image and grab an edge over WRs/TEs coming across the middle if they lay some people out. Changing the mentality of a lifetime aggressive player will take more than a week, IMO.....wait until somebody gets ejected from a game for a vicious hit or see if the NFL really does something about it. Can you see Troy Palamalu (sp?) laying a shot on a WR and getting ejected during a close game in Pittsburgh ? Neither do I. Can I see a third string safety from Buffalo getting tossed in a meaningless game for a questionable hit? Me too. I would not change my thinking on handicapping a defense yet, but it is something to watch in the future.

--Wynn