Betting Talk

Looking like Free Money... Series Play: Phils vs Giants

BIGtimerDCBIGtimerDC Senior Member
edited October 2010 in Sports Betting
I just wanna say to start off that there is no such guarantees in life as "Free Money" only games where you might feel there is a very high likelihood of a winning wager. I got some flack using the title Free Money play last time so I just wanna make this clear that this is just a fun title that I started out with friends. Either way, I've it's been a while and some of you may remember the Free Money play. I don't just pull these plays out for nothing as you can see below the Free Money play is a perfect 6-0 Record. On to the play........

Philadelphia Phillies -250 over the Giants for the NLCS

I'll say this I'm a Phillies fan. But this, I believe, is an unbiased look at this series. The phillies have major advantage in their lineup, MAJOR. The starting pitching edge has to go to Philly with the big three and the bullpen maybe to San Fran, however, the Phillies may not have had the numbers but this is the same group that got the Phillies to the World Series the past two years. Defensively another advantage to the Phils and I'll take Charlie Manuel calling the shots any day.

Phils went 23-15 this year against other clubs that won 90 or more games, which is actually a better record than the 18-12 they posted against teams that won fewer than 70 games. Thats much better performance than the Giants: San Francisco was 16-22 against 90-win clubs while rolling up a 21-9 record against Pittsburgh, Washington and Arizona.

The Phillies are just flat out on a roll. The numbers against the Giants aren't great this season, but this is the postseason. Verteran group of guys that have been there and done it before and hungry to get back and win it this year. Games one and two the Giants will be right there in what looks to be a couple of pitching duels but the homefield advantage for Philly is HUGE. Reds pitchers were clearly fazed by the crowd and that great defense made lots of mistakes. That was one good Reds team the Phillies took care of in three straight games. The Giants on the other hand struggled to put away the Braves a team that was seriously lacking punch, limped into the postseason without Chipper and Prado.

I really love Philadelphia in this matchup. I have also played the sweep at +645 and 4-1 series result at +425. Free Money Plays perfect record on the line here so the stakes are high. Lets Pound this and make it 7 straight!!!

Adrian Peterson -30 ½ Rush+Rec Yards over Matt Forte -170 (12/28/09)... Winner
Mark Ingram -165 to win the Heisman (12/12/09)… Winner
Yanks -145 to represent the AL in World Series (10/26/09)... Winner
Lakers to win the Western Conference (6/15/09)... Winner
NYY vs. Balt -165 backing CC (5/8/09)... Winner
Manny Pacquio -240 over Hatton (5/1/09)... Winner

Comments

• RammerJammerRammerJammer Senior Member
    edited October 2010
    BIGTimerDC,

I played the Phillies to win the Series too but I really like those Series Plays at 4-1 +425 and 4-0 +645. You're right about no such thing as free money but the Phillies are the best team in baseball right now and only a hot hitting club can knock them off - an area where the Giants are completely inept. The Phills have the advantage in this Series in all phases other than the bullpen. Philly has the horses to go 8 innings to get to Lidge and even if the Giants can get into their bullpen, I don't think they have the bats to take advantage of an average Phillies pen. Looks like another Yankees/Phillies WS. Looking at the Yankees and Phillies, their lineups are both excellent but with the Big 3, Philly has the starting pitching to win this thing. Good luck!
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited October 2010
    As a fellow Phillies fan with no money invested, hope you guys are right!
  • StackAttackStackAttack Senior Member
    edited October 2010
    Goats your a Phils guy?! Thats huge!
    edited October 2010
    Goats your a Phils guy?! Thats huge!

Spent the first 23 years of my life in the Philly 'burbs. My dad even went to your avatar. ;)
    edited October 2010
    Nice, you guys are good people then. I was born in Philly, lived in Bucks for awhile when younger, and ever since school...back in Philly.
  • orourket5orourket5 Senior Member
    edited October 2010
    bucks county here too, GO PHILLIES
    edited October 2010
    My wife actually went to CR, where in Bucks?
    edited October 2010
    I lived in Lower Makefield. Went to Pennsbury. Down w/ CR!!!
    edited October 2010
    So you...or your wife..must be on the young side if she went to CR after the split
    edited October 2010
    nevermind...im an idiot...i imagined apparently that it said CR South....
  • Steve19026Steve19026 Senior Member
    edited October 2010
    GO Phillies Glenolden,Pa here
  • BIGtimerDCBIGtimerDC Senior Member
    edited October 2010
    Haha loving the Philly (bucks county) love. I grew up in Levittown went to Neshaminy hs. Made the move out to san diego two years ago for work.
    edited October 2010
    BIGTimerDC,

I played the Phillies to win the Series too but I really like those Series Plays at 4-1 +425 and 4-0 +645. You're right about no such thing as free money but the Phillies are the best team in baseball right now and only a hot hitting club can knock them off - an area where the Giants are completely inept. The Phills have the advantage in this Series in all phases other than the bullpen. Philly has the horses to go 8 innings to get to Lidge and even if the Giants can get into their bullpen, I don't think they have the bats to take advantage of an average Phillies pen. Looks like another Yankees/Phillies WS. Looking at the Yankees and Phillies, their lineups are both excellent but with the Big 3, Philly has the starting pitching to win this thing. Good luck!

Always appreciate your insight rammer. Let's hope this ones as easy as it looks.
  • brmapesbrmapes Senior Member
    edited October 2010
    phillies over reds -250 was free money

This is bonus money
    edited October 2010
    brmapes wrote: »
    phillies over reds -250 was free money

This is bonus money

Yea I was on that one too... The Red honestly worried me more than the Giants though.
  • edited October 2010
    Giants are going 3 wins at least before returning back to Philly- guaranteed.
  • zhp2m3zhp2m3 Senior Member
    edited October 2010
    Someone has to speak up for the Giants. Go Giants!!! It's torture..but damn we know how to grind it out.
  • zhp2m3zhp2m3 Senior Member
    edited October 2010
    SF Giants!
    edited October 2010
    Glad you guys came to speak up now that its 3-1. Either way gotta give some credit to San Fran they're getting the big hits (and some timely non-third strike calls for Pat Burell specifically) but have been impressive to this point. Pretty dissapointing thus far but if the Phils can get on Lincecum and make it out of San Fran they have a great shot.

Highlight of the series came from game one... sign behind giants bench read "FIX YOUR TEETH" hahaha thats brutal but you gotta love them Philly fans. I'll admit I really do not like Lincecum, never have...
  • sterling11sterling11 Member
    edited October 2010
    grew up in cherry hill nj was huge philly fan still have my world series ticket to 1964 when phils lost 10 in row with 11 left to lose out .....the ticket cost 12 bucks