Betting Talk

Fantasy football trade - Marshawn Lynch

BIGtimerDCBIGtimerDC Senior Member
edited October 2010 in Sports Betting
Trying to get some opinions on Marshawn Lynch... I personally am very high on him, feel like Seattle schedule opens up after this week and they need to get the run game going with the WRs just awful.

I offered Sims-Walker but got a counter offer of Lynch for Crabtree. Crabtree had a strong game last week agasinst a pretty weak Eagles D that was probably really selling out to stop Frank Gore.

This trade leaves me a little thin at WR with Sims-Walker, Steve Smith (Car), Mike WIlliams (tampa), and Steve Johnson but I believe Lynch is a major improvement over Fred Jackson as my flex back.

Any thoughts here?

Comments

• warrior2790warrior2790 Senior Member
    edited October 2010
    Marshawn Lynch is old and sucks, If those are your wide recievers, Michael Crabtree is probably your best. Steve smith is hurt, mike williams coming along and Sims - Walker gets no love or targets. Who are your running backs ?
  • Phil147Phil147 Senior Member
    edited October 2010
    Marshawn Lynch is old and sucks, If those are your wide recievers, Michael Crabtree is probably your best. Steve smith is hurt, mike williams coming along and Sims - Walker gets no love or targets. Who are your running backs ?

Lynch is 24 and has played so little in the last couple of year... I doubt age is an issue.
  • BIGtimerDCBIGtimerDC Senior Member
    edited October 2010
    My RBs are Chris Johnson, Jamaal Charles, Ryan Mathews, and Fred Jackson.

The roster is set so that you play 3 WRs, 2 RBs, and 2 Flex.

I agree Lynch was a mess last year in Buffalo, looked horrible, but he is still very much young and and looked good in limited time this year in Buffalo a much worse team than Seattle. Crabtree may be the best option I have at WR but not by much. He has been garbage all year and one good game against Philly and like I said the Philly D is not all that great. Pretty sure Asante Samuel was out for that game as well...
    edited October 2010
    One other angle that I'm playing here is Marshawn Lynch (I believe he has much better numbers for the year over Crabtree) but Lynch was drafted in the 15th round. I could keep him next year in the 14th round if he is the back of the future in Seattle which it looks like he very well could be. Seattle hates Justin Forsett it seems like. How many chances has he had and they keep bringing in other talent. Thats a steal of a keeper if Lynch pans out. I'm 1-4 right now, certainly not packing it in but in the keeper league always gotta keep that in mind and we get two keepers.
    edited October 2010
    All reports indicate Lynch will take over as the main guy in seattle