Betting Talk

MLB Playoffs Championship Series Discussion

BIGtimerDCBIGtimerDC Senior Member
edited October 2010 in Sports Betting
Hey fellas just throwing some topics out there for discussion as I'm looking to play some games for sure in the NLCS/ALCS.

Initially I thought wow Yankees only -155 in the series to advance with CC throwing potentially three times and Cliff Lee having to wait til game three to get the start. Thought about just going large on game one with CC on the mounds (slightly less juice than the series price) but CJ Wilson has looked good lately however and the Rangers have a pretty powerful lineup. Any insight here?

As a Phillies fan, a little biased, but I can't see any scenario where the Phillies lose this series. Philly pitching is incredibly strong right now and despite the ups and downs with their lineup all season this is still the same lineup littered with all stars and verteran guys who have been there and thrived in october. Giants have the pitching but can't see them with enough firepower to win this one, especially with 4 of 7 in philly that city is just insane right now.

Read this stat on the phils-giants today on ESPN insider...

Phils went 23-15 this year against other clubs that won 90 or more games, which is actually a better record than the 18-12 they posted against teams that won fewer than 70 games. Thats much better performance than the Giants: San Francisco was 16-22 against 90-win clubs while rolling up a 21-9 record against Pittsburgh, Washington and Arizona.

Philly series price is steep but seems like a real good one.

Comments

• utixutix Banned
    edited October 2010
    I also like the Phillies, but my only worry with them is Timmy can neutralize Roy and if he manages to steal one from Roy it's a whole new series. Against just about anyone else in baseball you know Roy is getting way the better of it, but this match up is just about as close as it gets when trying to find someone to take on the best pitcher in the game
  • Deli314Deli314 Senior Member
    edited October 2010
    This series is going to be unreal! I really think that the Philly fans will get to this Giants squad. You saw it last series, the best defensive team in the game just imploded. The city is just waiting to erupt on Saturday. I know it is kind of a homer call but i like the Phillies in this one. They step up when the pressure is on and this series will be no different. Go Phils!