Betting Talk

Wanted: Part timerto place my plays..

minger2123minger2123 Senior Member
edited October 2010 in Sports Betting
Ok, before I get started, I did clear this with Ed, so please do not scold me....

I currently subscribe to RAS football service and probably will be going with the NCAA baskets as well. With the football, there are normally 8-10 plays a week. I can handle the emails and texts I receive, then placing the bets in a timely manner with Football. No problem there. Doing rather well ED!

But with Baskets, there are just too many plays for me to place them in a timely manner with my offshore book. I was with RAS hoops last year for a month. I remember he had 6-8 plays and they came out about 6pm central time on a Saturday night. Of course, being at a wedding, or wherever I was, it was very difficult. Or, if the plays come out when I am not near a computer, or I am in a meeting, it is difficult. I am not faulting ED here, I just want to be able to keep up with his plays.

So, I am looking for an individual who I can rely on to receive and place the plays with my off shore book. I would pay for the hoops service and provide your email and phone number to receive the plays. I would provide access to you for the off shore account, and you would just put the plays in. Then I can look on the internet or call to see what I would have pending for that day, or night. Not sure how I would pay, either on a commission or flat weekly fee. To be determined.

I think Ed's hoops service starts in a month or so, so we do have sometime. Think about it and maybe if you guys have some other ideas, I would appreciate your input..

Comments

• dynastydynasty Senior Member
    edited October 2010
    Id be interested, I am done with school after this semester and will have more free time. Id work for a percentage of what you profit off the plays I put in for you. Let me know if theres an easier way to talk privately.
  • minger2123minger2123 Senior Member
    edited October 2010
    Thanks Dynasty..I think you should contact Ed and he can pass along my email address. Ed, you have my permission.
  • KashmirKashmir Senior Member
    edited October 2010
    I think you are crazy. To give a stranger access to your personal information and one of your books. Don't you have someone you trust that could do this for you?
    edited October 2010
    What personal info am I giving out? I can monitor ed's plays on the website. If he puts in something that is not a play, I will catch it. I can also set up a maximum amount for each play with my account. I appreciate your info, but I have thought about that also.
    edited October 2010
    minger2123 wrote: »
    Thanks Dynasty..I think you should contact Ed and he can pass along my email address. Ed, you have my permission.

Sounds good, I sent Ed a message.
  • utixutix Banned
    edited October 2010
    I would also be willing to do this if it doesn't work out with Dynasty.
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited October 2010
    minger, aren't you then in fact giving another person access to Ed's picks for free then and he/she could then give them out to others for free? just something that instantly popped in my mind? if you have already talked with Ed about it then i am sure he has taken this into account... GL either way as always!!
    edited October 2010
    newcombe wrote: »
    minger, aren't you then in fact giving another person access to Ed's picks for free then and he/she could then give them out to others for free? just something that instantly popped in my mind? if you have already talked with Ed about it then i am sure he has taken this into account... GL either way as always!!

After the 20 seconds or so the picks lose their value. So I wouldn't think that is a large concern.
    edited October 2010
    Kashmir wrote: »
    After the 20 seconds or so the picks lose their value. So I wouldn't think that is a large concern.

20 seconds and they really lose their value that quick? if you have a local book such as myself that I have access to then Ed's picks are still very valuable in that sense i would think as his lines don't change much at all but also may be different lines than what Ed bases his picks off of. I am not a subscriber currently so I guess I can't test that.
    edited October 2010
    newcombe wrote: »
    20 seconds and they really lose their value that quick? if you have a local book such as myself that I have access to then Ed's picks are still very valuable in that sense i would think as his lines don't change much at all but also may be different lines than what Ed bases his picks off of. I am not a subscriber currently so I guess I can't test that.

I guess if you have a local but if you are dealing with offshore they aren't worth nearly as much if you don't get down in those first 20 seconds. That isn't a shot. That just proves how valuable his service is.
    edited October 2010
    Kashmir wrote: »
    I guess if you have a local but if you are dealing with offshore they aren't worth nearly as much if you don't get down in those first 20 seconds. That isn't a shot. That just proves how valuable his service is.

i understand the value for sure. Ed/RAS certainly worth their weight in gold...!
  • MikeRASMikeRAS Senior Handicapper
    edited October 2010
    I would want to use someone you could trust to do this if possible. Giving account and PW info to a stranger is a very risky move. Will let Ed chime in when he gets a chance.
  • lumpy19lumpy19 Senior Member
    edited October 2010
    This sounds like a complete disaster waiting to happen. The first time the part timer misses the plays, puts in the wrong wager, bets the wrong amount. I would not recommend doing something like this.
    edited October 2010
    Guys, these are all valid points..I appreciate your input and will discuss with both Dynasty and Utix. It would be great if I could trust and rely on somebody in the area I live, but I just don't think it's possible. Maybe give whoever it is a 2 or 3 week trial period to see if both him and I agree on their responsibilities? It is almost like being "on call" on the weekends with some of the plays.. Ed, feel free to give both Utix and Dynasty my email address and I will take it from there. Thanks again class guys....
    edited October 2010
    last line should have read.. "Thanks again guys"................. sorry about that....
  • RightAngleRightAngle Admin
    edited October 2010
    I did strongly recommend him finding someone he already knows and trusts, maybe a family member, or at least someone that comes with a strong recommendation from someone he trusts. Not sure how hard he searched offline, but I agree with the sentiment here that going to public forums to find help should be a last resort.
  • SaabSaab Member
    edited October 2010
    People do this all time with beards... He should have no problem finding someone trustworthy to do this for him. The main problem is if that person fails to get plays in on time and loses value.

A really interesting side project I might think about doing would be the following:
    -tie into google voice's API to receive text messages programmatically. If this turns out to be too slow (which I think it might), tie into the countdown page and scrape the plays.
    -Place bets automatically through automated web scraping to whatever sites / shops are needed. If you don't think this is already done (not only at easily automated sites like matchbook, but traditional sites as well) then you are wrong.

Ideally, an automated system like this would cut the total time from release to bet to the speed of your internet connection... The biggest bottleneck would be loading websites, which is still a hell of a lot faster than anyone doing it manually.

Definitely doable, and if done correctly it would be flexible enough to expand to a online "service" provided to others...
  • utixutix Banned
    edited October 2010
    Minger,

Contacted Edward, as soon as i get your info ill be in touch.
    edited October 2010
    Saab wrote: »
    People do this all time with beards... He should have no problem finding someone trustworthy to do this for him. The main problem is if that person fails to get plays in on time and loses value.

A really interesting side project I might think about doing would be the following:
    -tie into google voice's API to receive text messages programmatically. If this turns out to be too slow (which I think it might), tie into the countdown page and scrape the plays.
    -Place bets automatically through automated web scraping to whatever sites / shops are needed. If you don't think this is already done (not only at easily automated sites like matchbook, but traditional sites as well) then you are wrong.

Ideally, an automated system like this would cut the total time from release to bet to the speed of your internet connection... The biggest bottleneck would be loading websites, which is still a hell of a lot faster than anyone doing it manually.

Definitely doable, and if done correctly it would be flexible enough to expand to a online "service" provided to others...

This is a great idea and I think would be a real tool for many members on this board. I hope you pursue it.
  • RightAngleRightAngle Admin
    edited October 2010
    We've forwarded requested e-mails. Going to close this thread for now.
This discussion has been closed.