Betting Talk

Fantasy Discussion

BIGtimerDCBIGtimerDC Senior Member
edited October 2010 in Sports Betting
In a bit of a bind for my flex spot this week with byes and injuries.

Based on what I've heard doesn't look good for Andre Johnson and even if he plays terrible matchup. Curious who Nmadi Asawhatever will line up on if he's out - Walters or Jacoby Jones - since I'm reading that the 2nd DB on Oakland is garbage.

I've got Jacoby Jones and some other slobs on my bench that I'm looking to drop and grab a guy to plug in for the week. Wanted John Kuhn but he's since been taken. Other guys available are:

Laurence Maroney - starter but not worth a shit really

Robert Meachem - Sort of a lottery pick who knows who could score on NO

Chris Ivory - Looks like PT will be a gametime decision and if he doesn't go it'll be Ivory getting the work. Can't see the Saints pushing PT real hard with Bush already out and they're playing Car who they should be able to handle.

Maurice Morris - Another risky pickup but could get a lot of work if Jahvid Best can't go.

I've also got Kyle Orton at QB and looking to maybe pick up a guy to plug in with a better matchup, etiher Bruce Gradkowski (facing Houston) or Chad Henne (vs NE).

Anyone have any insight on these player's situations...

Comments

• BIGtimerDCBIGtimerDC Senior Member
    edited October 2010
    Also toss in Jabar Gaffney or Josh Morgan into the mix
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited October 2010
    That's a motley crew to have to choose from for your flex, but you already knew that. If Thomas is out, I'd definitely go with Ivory. WR's are a crap shoot and it looks like Best is going to play (and I'd rather not use a Detroit RB anyway since they could be down big). If Thomas plays, and I think he will, I'd probably go with Maroney out of everyone you mentioned; at least he's a starter and should get the carries.

I have Orton, Henne, and Gradkowski projected about the same this week. Oakland has injury issues at WR though, so I'd go with one of the other two.
  • utixutix Banned
    edited October 2010
    is this a 15 person league?