Betting Talk

Anyone use any Poker tracking software???

waddywaddy Senior Member
edited July 2010 in Sports Betting
Poker Tracker or Poker-edge or any others??

I've been playing pretty much everyday for 3 or 4 years, am I missing the boat??
Poker-edge looked cool but I play more Pot Limit Omaha than holdem.

Comments

• jackson21jackson21 Senior Member
    edited July 2010
    http://www.pokertableratings.com

Try this site - they track play.
  • RightAngleRightAngle Admin
    edited July 2010
    If you are taking it seriously, I would suggest getting some software on your side, assuming that most of your competition is.
  • CoversSpreadCoversSpread Member
    edited July 2010
    I use Tournament Indicator for SitnGos.
  • TotallyTiltTotallyTilt Senior Member
    edited July 2010
    waddy wrote: »
    Poker Tracker or Poker-edge or any others??

I've been playing pretty much everyday for 3 or 4 years, am I missing the boat??
    Poker-edge looked cool but I play more Pot Limit Omaha than holdem.

Poker Tracker and Hold-Em Manager are the most widely used, maybe Poker Office after that. I've used PT and HEM and would recommend HEM. HEM has better support and also uses PostgresSQL for their database. SQL makes HEM a lot faster than PT and also allows you to do more custom searches. I actually haven't used PT for about a year now so it's possible they've gone to SQL as well but even so I'd still take HEM
    edited July 2010
    jackson21 wrote: »
    http://www.pokertableratings.com

Try this site - they track play.

Poker Stars does not allow this site to be open while their client is open. It's a violation of their T&C's because they datamine hands illegally. Almost everyone uses it and I haven't heard of anyone getting in trouble but I don't think it's worth the risk assuming you play there (I don't know other site's rules).
  • BonannoBonanno Member
    edited July 2010
    Poker Tracker 3
  • waddywaddy Senior Member
    edited July 2010
    Bonanno wrote: »
    Poker Tracker 3
    Is this site good for PLO?
  • BookbrakerBookbraker Senior Member
    edited July 2010
    What does the software do for you?
  • BonannoBonanno Member
    edited July 2010
    Is this site good for PLO?

It works but my friend told me today that this is the best out there.
  • BonannoBonanno Member
    edited July 2010
    There's a link in my post above on the word "this" but it's not showing. Click it.
    edited July 2010
    Bookbraker wrote: »
    What does the software do for you?

What doesn't it do might be an easier question to answer but here are a few things:

The most useful feature is the HUD (Heads Up Display) which overlays statistics on the screen next to all your opponents. You can customize the stats to tell you virtually anything about your opponent from how many hands they play preflop to how often they check-raise the river. The software also tracks your wins and losses (plus your opponents) which is nice for taxes. You can replay sessions through a replayer built into the software, make notes, analyze hands, etc. You can also run reports and analyze data on yourself and opponents. There are a bunch of add-in pieces to the software now as well that facilitate various things - they cost additional money though and probably aren't necessary unless you're playing full time.
    edited July 2010
    Bonanno wrote: »
    It works but my friend told me today that this is the best out there.

Yeah the overwhelming majority of online players consider HEM the best. PT was the best for several years but HEM overtook them about a year ago. PT is still very good though.
    edited July 2010
    Yeah the overwhelming majority of online players consider HEM the best. PT was the best for several years but HEM overtook them about a year ago. PT is still very good though.

You can seperate out 6 handed vs 9 handed vs sng's??
  • acetotenacetoten Senior Member
    edited July 2010
    I only play at poker stars currently and thought all this was illegal? Does anyone use it at pokerstars???
  • acetotenacetoten Senior Member
    edited July 2010
    thanx totally tilt, I've seen this before, but all the guys are talking about what all they use, I'm wondering if people use it at ps? I notice I dont get the calls I used to get and people play a little slower, maybe its just me?
    edited July 2010
    I don't know a single pro player (online) that doesn't own HEM, PT, PokerOffice or something similar.
    edited July 2010
    acetoten wrote: »
    I only play at poker stars currently and thought all this was illegal? Does anyone use it at pokerstars???

Same here, but I'm pretty sure both are OK at PokerStars????
    edited July 2010
    Same here, but I'm pretty sure both are OK at PokerStars????

Yes, you can look at that link a few posts back - it lists acceptable software as well.