Betting Talk

3 MLB season win totals I played today at Bookmaker.com

IcemanIceman Senior Member
edited July 2010 in Sports Betting
<!-- google_ad_section_start -->Bookmaker.com has posted adjusted season win totals for all MLB teams. These are the 3 plays that I like best and why.

Under 76 wins Chicago Cubs -115:

At 39-50 currently and with 73 games left in the season, the Cubs would have to go 38-35 the rest of the year for the under 76 wager to lose. That is playing .520 baseball which is equal to an 84 win team for 162 game season. Sure they play in arguably the worst division in all of baseball but they have 15 games left versus Pittsburgh (which is no gimme for the Cubs) and Houston or 20% of their remaining games, that is the same pct of games that they played against those 2 dreadful teams in their first 89 games of the year. Baseball Prospectus has the Cubs at 74 wins to end the season.

Under 93 wins Texas Rangers -105

The Rangers would have to play nearly .600 baseball the rest of the year for this play to lose (equal to a 96 win team in comparison). Texas has played one of the easiest schedules in all of baseball thus far and are just 36-34 against AL teams this year as they built up a 14-4 record in the 1st half of the year playing against ALL BELOW .500 NATIONAL LEAGUE TEAMS during inter-league play. I don't have all the information in front of me but the Rangers also have played the fewest or close to the fewest above .500 teams in baseball this season. After the break they play the likes of Boston (twice), NYY, Detroit, Tampa Bay and LAA (twice) in 22 of their next 31 games. I just don't see this team going 44-30 the rest of the way to beat us. Baseball Prospectus has the Rangers around 88 wins to end the season.

Over 91.5 wins Atlanta -115

The Braves have played the 2nd fewest home games of any NL team so far and they have went an MLB best 30-10 at home in those 40 games. With only 1 team in the National League playing above .500 ball on the road this year, having 41 more home games left on the schedule to just 33 road games should really help Atlanta. Of those remaining 74 games the Braves would need to go 40-34 which is a .540 win pct to get us over the top and cash the ticket. The Braves are currently playing at a 96 win rate (.591 win pct) on the year so winning at a .540 rate the rest of the season with those extra 8 games looks like something Atlanta should be able to do . Baseball Prospectus has Atlanta finishing the season at 93 wins.
<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Comments

• RightAngleRightAngle Admin
    edited July 2010
    Nice write-ups, thanks for sharing.
  • IrishTimIrishTim Senior Member
    edited July 2010
    Also on the Texas under at Bookmaker.
  • SnakeheadSnakehead Senior Member
    edited July 2010
    ATL is at 92 -115 at BM already

I think I'll play them with you. I already had ATL at over 87 games for the year before the season started.
    edited July 2010
    Wow, just noticed all 3 of your plays moved 1/2 a game already.
  • KashmirKashmir Senior Member
    edited July 2010
    I took the Cubs U74' +100 yesterday. I can't believe bookmaker goes 76!
    edited July 2010
    Damn their lines close in another hour. I was gonna reload and hammer that again with them. I think the Cubs under is a really strong play.
    edited July 2010
    Another thing to note on the Cubs under is that they only play 27 games the rest of the year against sub .500 teams. Thats out of 73 games.
    edited July 2010
    Kashmir wrote: »
    Damn their lines close in another hour. I was gonna reload and hammer that again with them. I think the Cubs under is a really strong play.

Their times are Pacific time zone. So 11pm EST, and I would bet they are available tomorrow too, until the first game starts.
    edited July 2010
    Snakehead wrote: »
    Their times are Pacific time zone. So 11pm EST, and I would bet they are available tomorrow too, until the first game starts.

Thanks. I'll go make a deposit and hope its still available later.
  • originalokieoriginalokie Senior Member
    edited July 2010
    I agree with TX play - BEST
  • lumpy19lumpy19 Senior Member
    edited July 2010
    Not sure how much 1/2 game is worth but 5dimes has u93(-130) 250 max
  • homerplayerhomerplayer Senior Member
    edited July 2010
    i had to take the Pirates Over 57. yes they suck. a horrible team. but they play pretty much .500 baseball at home, have 42 home games left, and they play 33 games against the 5 worst bullpens in the NL (not counting themselves of course) and 17 of those games are against teams with worse bullpens than the Pirates'.

don't think it is much to ask for 21 home wins and a 7-25 road record, which is inline with their current performance on the road.

thanks for the plays and the write-ups Iceman, and GL to you sir.