Don't forget today is FREE SLURPEE day at all 7-11's

IcemanIceman Senior Member
edited July 2010 in Sports Betting
LOL

Enjoy!!!:thumbup1:

Comments

• GooseSTLGooseSTL Senior Member
    edited July 2010
    Really? Why? I never heard about this. Thanks.
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited July 2010
    That's funny, my wife just came home from shopping and brought me one... sadly I'm not sure I can consider it "free" under the circumstances.
  • Top PickerTop Picker Banned
    edited July 2010
    do u see a red dot on my forhead friend!! thank u come again
  • IcemanIceman Senior Member
    edited July 2010
    GooseSTL wrote: »
    Really? Why? I never heard about this. Thanks.

http://www.slurpee.com/
  • nightlife32nightlife32 Senior Member
    edited July 2010
    Damn they replaced all the 7-11's here with some damn Russian gas stations that suck!!!!! Miss the days of 7-11 and a big gulp man how times have changed! Iceman are you on the West Coast? Because that is mainly where I see 7-11's anymore. Just curious
  • GooseSTLGooseSTL Senior Member
    edited July 2010
    Iceman wrote: »

I googled it. It's 7-11 day.
    edited July 2010
    Damn they replaced all the 7-11's here with some damn Russian gas stations that suck!!!!! Miss the days of 7-11 and a big gulp man how times have changed! Iceman are you on the West Coast? Because that is mainly where I see 7-11's anymore. Just curious

Yeah right now I am in the San Diego area and your right, having lived most of my life in the mid-west there are a lot more 7-11's out west, IMO.
    edited July 2010
    GooseSTL wrote: »
    I googled it. It's 7-11 day.

Right its their birthday.

Actually never heard of either until a former work buddy called and told me about it around 7-8 years ago.

Makes sense because the second I see this date I think of it. Pretty sure this wasn't the case back in the day as I never heard of it.

To tell you the truth I won't be celebrating this year as I am in the middle of a so called diet or watching what I eat kind of thing and have actually lost 10lbs the past 4 weeks and want to drop about 10-15 more so no slurpee for me.
  • ShacroShacro Senior Member
    edited July 2010
    Iceman wrote: »
    Right its their birthday.

Actually never heard of either until a former work buddy called and told me about it around 7-8 years ago.

Makes sense because the second I see this date I think of it. Pretty sure this wasn't the case back in the day as I never heard of it.

To tell you the truth I won't be celebrating this year as I am in the middle of a so called diet or watching what I eat kind of thing and have actually lost 10lbs the past 4 weeks and want to drop about 10-15 more so no slurpee for me.

What did you do to lose the 10 lbs in four weeks Iceman?

Great job by the way, just curious as to the ways you went about it. I could afford to lose a couple myself...
    edited July 2010
    Shacro wrote: »
    What did you do to lose the 10 lbs in four weeks Iceman?

Great job by the way, just curious as to the ways you went about it. I could afford to lose a couple myself...

I do it all the time. Actually this time I havent pushed myself as hard as before.

Weight loss is very simple, IMO. You just keep track of your daily intake of calories on everything you eat all day long. I let myself eat no more then 1,600 calories a day. Its hard to do the first few days but after that you get use to it. Nowadays its way easier then it was even 10 years ago or so as shopping for stuff is so easy in the supermarket as they have stuff already packaged in the 100 calorie range.

If you dont want to do than its really all portion control. I eat whatever I want, whenever I want meaning if I want that slurpee I can have it but it counts against my calories for the day so the smaller the size the better as I will not let myself go over 1,600 calories for the day. No more days of eating a bag of chips, etc...

For example today I am already at 1,000 calories for the day but I won't eat again till dinner when I will eat a 300 calorie dinner, a small 100 calorie desseet and then a 200 calorie snack at night. Some days I eat all day mixing in 100 calories things here and there along the way.

It's not that hard. I have done it off and on for years. Hardest part is getting started and sticking to it for 2 days after that its easy. Like clock work I lose 5 lbs the first week every time then after that its only 1-2 lbs a week which is the way its suppose to be. I will admit it can get really frustrating weighing yourself and seeing only 1lb come off in 7 days but the fact is in 10 weeks from now I will be here and if I do this religiously the weight will come off. I know that October 1st is coming, nothing I can do will change that but I know if I continue to do what I am doing I will have dropped another 15lbs or more and be at my goal weight. Let me add I am not a big guy either, just normal sized, IMO.

Lastly my two best pieces of advice. This may sound funny but I believe it 100%. When I get hungry I grab a jolly rancher or some piece of hard candy. It only has 10-15 calories each and lasts 10 minutes or so. Usually this helps control my cravings. I know its kind of odd but I really believe in it. It has got me through some rough days in the past.

Alnd my #1 piece of advice to anyone is ABSOLUTELY NO CHEAT DAYS. I don't believe in it and think its weak and excure to not show commitment. One cheat day not only takes away all the hard work you have put into this by possibily putting some weight back on but it also leads to another cheat day and another, etc... Even back in my drinking days if I knew I was going out with friends that night I would only eat around 500 calories for the day so I could go out and drink 8-10 beers for the night without going over my calorie limt. Cheating is what ruins every diet, IMO. A lot of people won't agree but I think it been the secret to my success with following something like this.

Hope you decided to do this. You will feel so much better about yourself. In 3 weeks people will instantly start to notice and it will make all the discipline and hard work worth it. Throw in some exercising and you will lose it even faster.

Here's a good quote I heard the other day that I think really sums things up: "Nothing tastes as good as being healthy (or being skinny) feels"