Betting Talk

Letter To Cleveland Fans

jackson21jackson21 Senior Member
edited July 2010 in Sports Betting
Dear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

You simply don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

You have given so much and deserve so much more.

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight:

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER ‘KING’ WINS ONE"

You can take it to the bank.

If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our "motivation" to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there.

Sorry, but that's simply not how it works.

This shocking act of disloyalty from our home grown "chosen one" sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And "who" we would want them to grow-up to become.

But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called "curse" on Cleveland, Ohio.

The self-declared former "King" will be taking the "curse" with him down south. And until he does "right" by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland.

Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day....

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:

DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue....

Dan Gilbert
Majority Owner
Cleveland Cavaliers

Comments

• waddywaddy Senior Member
    edited July 2010
    You left out the part where he said LeBron quit against the Celtics, and how he never returned the owners messages,
    I am now a Cav Fan!!!

This guy has balls as big as churchbells!!!!!!

Lets see if the chosen one can handle the pressure of being booed in every arena next year.
  • BettorThenMeBettorThenMe Senior Member
    edited July 2010
    i hope gilbert airs all the dirty laundry on james and his homies. i would bet if we all knew the concessions and perks that the cavs did for james and his entourage, we would be shocked and amazed. fires the coach, fires the general manager, ponies up to hire byron scott, you don't do all this if there wasn't someone in your ear telling you they are staying. this could be entertaining to say the least. how ironic would it be if gilbert bought air time to tell all.
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited July 2010
    waddy wrote: »
    You left out the part where he said LeBron quit against the Celtics, and how he never returned the owners messages,
    I am now a Cav Fan!!!

This guy has balls as big as churchbells!!!!!!

Lets see if the chosen one can handle the pressure of being booed in every arena next year.

his choice is unreal waddy. the funny thing is your celts and my lakes can still dominate that 3 man team...
  • waddywaddy Senior Member
    edited July 2010
    this kind of makes the salary cap look silly. Isn't the cap there to keep stuff like this from happening?? Almost like the Yankees have come to basketball.
    I agree, they still have to go through Boston and LA.
  • BayOceanBayOcean Senior Member
    edited July 2010
    Absolutely the best owner in the NBA--He put everything in prespective and I am now a CLEVELAND CAVALAIR fan and will root for them to do well.
    James is in for a rude awakening because the public is not that forgiving when it comes to betrayal. He will be booed unmercefly at every game this season regardless of his athletic accomplishments. People are the same all over when it comes to screwing all the people who supported you and you turn your back on them "watch out". King James and his court will be eventually exiled to the ISLAND of Elba and play with Napolean and the rest of the lepers.
  • Ff99l1Ff99l1 Senior Member
    edited July 2010
    newcombe wrote: »
    his choice is unreal waddy. the funny thing is your celts and my lakes can still dominate that 3 man team...

Agree with you.
  • jackson21jackson21 Senior Member
    edited July 2010
    This day and age the only loyalty associated with sports is with the seats with the fans - The modern day players - even a home town hero like Lebron have only themselves in mind , be it rings , cash or whatever ....don't know if I really blame them - It's just way it is now ... to me its a loss to the world of sports ......

Now , the way Lebron chose to leave the city that worshipped him and treated him like a king ,well, thats another story altogether....extreem lowdown,dirty,shame.
  • dynastydynasty Senior Member
    edited July 2010
    This thread is funny all the people acting like lebron did something wrong or Cleveland is entitled to him is ridiculous. Why is he obligated to spend his entire playing career in Cleveland? its not like you guys took a shot on him or something, any team with the first pick the year he was drafted would have taken him and he would have been treated like a king there as well. Just because an enraged owner says he quit during the playoffs doesnt mean he actually quit. He played hard and did everything he could for Cleveland to win when he was a part of the team. Everyone is making him to be selfish when its the opposite, he isnt leaving the city for more money, hes actually probably going to end up considerably less money and hes simply going to where he believes he has the best chance to win. Anyone that is angry at the situation should be pissed at Cleveland and their front office for not keeping him, not at lebron.

I do think it was bullshit to have the hour long special and for these three guys to lead everyone on when this has clearly been a plan for years.
  • jackson21jackson21 Senior Member
    edited July 2010
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-lebrondecision070910

Don't know if the link will work but kind of sums things up pretty good.
  • Mrtk31Mrtk31 Senior Member
    edited July 2010
    Why would fans other than Cavalier fans boo James more? Maybe Knick fan & Bull fan will be pissed but the rest will care?
  • hornhorn Super Moderator
    edited July 2010
    That guy may have balls, but that is one of the most ridiculous things that I have ever read from an owner of a sport organization. It's okay to think that if you are Dan Gilbert, but going public with this in a childish and emotionally charged fit is just not the way that you conduct yourself as a professional. Maybe he feels like Lebron "Got" him, but to act like Lebron didn't put this team on the map and generate a ton of potential profit for his organization is a joke. This is a business and he of all people should understand that.