Betting Talk

Anyone with a read on the Chuck Iceman Liddell fight?

waddywaddy Senior Member
edited June 2010 in Sports Betting
Don't know a thing about the UFC

Comments

• kass101kass101 Senior Member
    edited June 2010
    Franklin

Though they both suck at this point, he just has more ways to win the fight Chuck has lost the speed that allowed him to avoid takedowns and counter punch. Without that he really has nothing left.
  • waddywaddy Senior Member
    edited June 2010
    Is Franklin a bargain at -115???
    edited June 2010
    I played him at -125 so I would say yes you might want to wait just because the joe's money will be going on Liddell because no matter what he does when they hear his name they still think he has it. and the like might move a little bit more.
  • hornhorn Super Moderator
    edited June 2010
    I like Ice, but I am very biased.
  • utixutix Banned
    edited June 2010
    2 guys that were decent a few years ago, but both with nothing to fight. They have a better chance of getting early social security than they do of making a comeback or getting another title shot.

This is a bad headliner for UFC and the reason ticket sale have been dreadful
  • Phil147Phil147 Senior Member
    edited June 2010
    utix wrote: »
    2 guys that were decent a few years ago, but both with nothing to fight. They have a better chance of getting early social security than they do of making a comeback or getting another title shot.

This is a bad headliner for UFC and the reason ticket sale have been dreadful

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=news.detail&gid=80481

???
    edited June 2010
    Ya, i thought it sold out in 40 minutes or so.

I took Liddell Wins Inside Distance +174/Pat Barry Wins Inside Distance Parlay at +423 for a small bet
    edited June 2010
    I played pretty much the same thing except I just played under 2.5 rounds for the chuck/rich fight and Barry inside the distance parlay
    edited June 2010
    kass101 wrote: »
    I played pretty much the same thing except I just played under 2.5 rounds for the chuck/rich fight and Barry inside the distance parlay

If Ice loses inside distance, I would be forced to cashout and burn the money anyway, so decided this was the only way I could play it. Hope Chucky the Vegetarian Belly Dancer puts on a good show
  • CraigRASCraigRAS Senior Member
    edited June 2010
    This is from a friend of mine who knows a lot about MMA...

"I really think Chuck is going to KO Franklin. Just watched the weigh ins tonight and chuck is ripped. All reports say he completely changed his diet, the way he eats and somehow his pot belly was gone and he looks in amazing shape. Franklin is a southpaw and is going to have a ton of problems against a guy with one of the most vicious rights in UFC history. Franklin got brutally KOd his last fight and has been KOd 3 out of the last 4 UFCs. He is in my opinion the most overrated UFC star ever. Chuck and his chin have been questioned but he was dropped by Shogun, Rashad, and Rampage…probably 3 of the top 4 LHWs in the world. Franklin hasn’t ko’d anyone in ages. I think Chuck will KO him sometime during the 3 rounds. Franklin will fight this fight far from the outside and try to leg kick and jab. Chuck has amazing takedown defense and rich doesn’t have big KO power."
    edited June 2010
    CraigRAS wrote: »
    This is from a friend of mine who knows a lot about MMA...

"I really think Chuck is going to KO Franklin. Just watched the weigh ins tonight and chuck is ripped. All reports say he completely changed his diet, the way he eats and somehow his pot belly was gone and he looks in amazing shape. Franklin is a southpaw and is going to have a ton of problems against a guy with one of the most vicious rights in UFC history. Franklin got brutally KOd his last fight and has been KOd 3 out of the last 4 UFCs. He is in my opinion the most overrated UFC star ever. Chuck and his chin have been questioned but he was dropped by Shogun, Rashad, and Rampage…probably 3 of the top 4 LHWs in the world. Franklin hasn’t ko’d anyone in ages. I think Chuck will KO him sometime during the 3 rounds. Franklin will fight this fight far from the outside and try to leg kick and jab. Chuck has amazing takedown defense and rich doesn’t have big KO power."

I agree with almost all of that Craig and yes Rich is one of the most overrated UFC fighters ever however has not been KOed three of his last 4, he was KOed in his last and Chuck in his last 2. Chuck's ability to win is based off of his counter punching and reactions and those are the things that go first when you hit the wall which I fell Chuck has.
  • utixutix Banned
    edited June 2010
    It sold out in 30 minutes because brokers normally buy anything they can get to absolutely any UFC in vegas. Since that day they have been taking it in the ass.

When tickets go on sale to the general public they have been picked over for a week by brokers. Probably less than 20% of the arena was sold in 30 minutes to the public.

Ticket sales in my business have little or nothing to do with sales from the venue
  • originalokieoriginalokie Senior Member
    edited June 2010
    Played Iceman Chuck at - 105 FWIW
    edited June 2010
    utix wrote: »
    It sold out in 30 minutes because brokers normally buy anything they can get to absolutely any UFC in vegas. Since that day they have been taking it in the ass.

When tickets go on sale to the general public they have been picked over for a week by brokers. Probably less than 20% of the arena was sold in 30 minutes to the public.

Ticket sales in my business have little or nothing to do with sales from the venue

UFC or any mma in a cage events live suck unless you are ringside because you cant see shit and it is even worse with all the cameramen. you are better off saving your money and watching the ppv in HD.
    edited June 2010
    Went to the event in ATL couple years ago, couldn't see a thing, but it was cool to go once.

I agree with what CraigRAS' friend said, the one thing he didn't acknowledge about Rich is that he prob has the second best fight IQ in the UFC behind Florian. I don't see him making too many mistakes as far as walking into an Ice Right, but all it takes is one good shot and/or one mistake and it's over in this sport.
  • utixutix Banned
    edited June 2010
    horn wrote: »
    Rich is that he prob has the second best fight IQ in the UFC behind Florian.

Anderson Silva's knee would like to disagree with you
    edited June 2010
    lol, you may have me there
  • utixutix Banned
    edited June 2010
    lol

watch around the 3:50 mark.

embarrassing...but that's what silva makes everyone look like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1K6NZNVuHc