Betting Talk

bodog

akearnsakearns Senior Member
edited May 2010 in Sports Betting
does anyone know how bodog is as far as their website. I would appreciate it for some insight.

Comments

• akearnsakearns Senior Member
    edited May 2010
    is anyone out there
  • atreat600atreat600 Senior Member
    edited May 2010
    I wouldnt recommend it as a primary book option, but it is good to have as an out. They tend to have better than average lines for dogs. Hope this helps.
    edited May 2010
    which one would u prefer as an acct.
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited May 2010
    Be aware Bodog deals two sets of lines. You start out with the "square" lines which are mostly inflated favorites (because the public generally likes favorites) so they have good dog lines. If you show the least bit of competence and/or bet even relatively big, you will quickly be switched to the "sharp" lines which are very vanilla. Bodog is mostly for small, recreational bettors and even then there are likely better options.
  • HavanaHavana Senior Member
    edited May 2010
    BM is my 1st choice. I generally get payouts via WU within 48 hrs and usually within 24 hrs..
    edited May 2010
    Hey havana who is BM?
    edited May 2010
    Is that bookmaker
  • HavanaHavana Senior Member
    edited May 2010
    Yes, Bookmaker.com
    edited May 2010
    cool i really appreciate it guys for your input. I will look into it. GL with your selections
    edited May 2010
    hey everyone does anyone know about pinnacle.com
  • SnakeheadSnakehead Senior Member
    edited May 2010
    pinnacle doesn't take US players anymore
  • SnakeheadSnakehead Senior Member
    edited May 2010
    you could probably search this forum for past posts/discussions on this.

Bookmaker is not the best for good MLB lines IF you are a serious baseball bettor, but I still use them because they have a lot of plays that other sites don't have. AND early lines in most popular sports. The Greek is pretty good also. Maybe better than BM. BM has better deposit bonuses, and a 'BetPoints' reward program.
    edited May 2010
    thanks for the info snakehead. basically im looking for a good online site. I tend to play once in awhile not all the time and it's with all sports. I'll look at the greek and think about BM. THANKS AGAIN
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited May 2010
    If you're a small bettor, you might want to look into 5Dimes. They have reduced vig on gameday (starting with a $500 limit), 5 cent mlb overnights, dime lines after that, and one free payout per 30 days.

You also might want to consider Matchbook, which is an exchange with reduced vig for everything and the best baseball lines around. If you're not familiar with how an exchange works, you can read about it on their site.

Basically, no reason to pay full vig if you're a recreational bettor and don't care about openers or large limits.

Hope this helps.