Betting Talk

NBA Playoffs

calzonesayscalzonesays Senior Member
edited April 2010 in Sports Betting
Dallas Mavericks vs. San Antonio Spurs

Series play: Dallas Mavericks to win series (-165) (1.65 units to win 1 unit)

While I am not on the Dallas Mavericks bandwagon completely and I am not thinking they are going to the NBA finals by any means, I certainly will take this value in the first round against the Spurs. While I respect what the Spurs did in the second half of the season and how Manu Ginobili has come on down the stretch, I think this Mavericks team will wear down the Spurs in a 7 game series, and the home court advantage definitely helps in the playoffs. You cannot ignore the way the Mavericks have been playing.

This roster is a more talented roster than the Mavericks team that made it to the Finals, and thats a scary thing for the Spurs. I had the Mavericks upsetting the Spurs last season in the playoffs (Spurs were a 3 seed last season, Mavs were 6 seed). I like them in the matchup this season as well. I don't like the way Richard Jefferson has been playing for the Spurs and his struggles will likely continue in the playoffs matched up against Marion or Butler. It will not be easy by any means, I expect this series to probably be the most exciting series in the first round, just the result is Dallas advancing.

Game 1 (Chicago Bulls @ Cleveland Cavaliers)

ATS: Chicago Bulls +11 (-110) (1.1 units to win 1 unit)

I am not really on either side of the fence on the whole momentum (Bulls) vs. rested players (Cavs) as I don't buy into either having an advantage. The Bulls on the other hand battled injuries and some inner turmoil towards the end of this season and managed to get hot at the right time to get a playoff spot. They are back to full strength with Deng and Noah back from injuries playing their normal starter minutes. Though the Baby Bulls are an 8 seed right now, with this team they had, they are no 8 seed. They should probably be a 6 or a 5 seed in my eyes.

While I do not see the Bulls winning this series against the Cavs, I do see them being very competitive. The Bulls have played the Cavs competitively all season when healthy, they play physical and Derrick Rose is a very difficult cover for the Cavs in general. He is very dynamic and is playing some of his best basketball right now. I think incorporating and getting Shaq back into the lineup and figuring out what to do with his rotation will be a tad too much for Mike Brown in this game. Hes not a very good coach (then again neither is Del Negro). I think 11 points is certainly too many to give to this scrappy Bulls team, I think we will see a closer game than everyone thinks. Chicago Bulls plus the points in Game 1.

Game 1 (Miami Heat @ Boston Celtics)

ATS: Boston Celtics -4 (-110) (1.1 units to win 1 unit)

The price is certainly right on this game. Granted the Celtics looked absolutely horrible down in the last month of the season, this is a purely veteran team that knew what the overall goal was. The goal is to get into the playoffs and be somewhat fresh and prepared mentally. The Heat basically did what they had to do down the stretch to secure a playoff spot and a decent seed, they beat up on a lot of bad teams they were supposed to beat up on.

Im not too high on the Celtics this year by any means, I think they have enough in the tank in the first few games of this series and possibly finishing the Heat off in 6 games or so. After this series, I believe age will start to set in for this team and they will start coming up short. I believe they come out extremely focused in this one and try to establish physicality with Miami. Some of the mental makeup of the cast around Wade concern me in these types of games (im looking at you Beasley). The Celtics matched up pretty well in the regular season against the Heat and some of the physicality seemed to throw Miami out of a rhythm. The Celtics will control this game and they will cover in a relatively low scoring, ugly game.

Comments

• originalokieoriginalokie Senior Member
    edited April 2010
    Good to see you and Good Luck and Make $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
  • calzonesayscalzonesays Senior Member
    edited April 2010
    Good to see you and Good Luck and Make $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

good luck! your thunder have their work cut out for them in the first round
  • dfletch21dfletch21 Senior Member
    edited April 2010
    OMG Cleveland is going to win Game 1 by 20+ just to send a message. The Bulls stand no chance, the only thing they can do that would shock the world is hang in there and not lose by more than 10 each night.
    edited April 2010
    dfletch21 wrote:
    OMG Cleveland is going to win Game 1 by 20+ just to send a message. The Bulls stand no chance, the only thing they can do that would shock the world is hang in there and not lose by more than 10 each night.

NBA officials, all I will say
  • dfletch21dfletch21 Senior Member
    edited April 2010
    Well they won, not by by 20 but still covered spread lol
  • rmbullisrmbullis Senior Member
    edited April 2010
    dfletch21 wrote:
    Well they won, not by by 20 but still covered spread lol

What's the point of this post?? To rub it in?? Dude, they covered by a bucket...no need to gloat about being right. I did not see the game, but I know there is no need for this shit. You are a new member, calzone has been posting winners for years. He and TommyGold are two of the best NBA cappers I have seen, enough said. No offense or anything, but there is no need.
  • tschifanotschifano Senior Member
    edited April 2010
    Rm Thanks totally agree !!!! dont need theses types on here ! Cal thanks for your time !! Go Boston
    edited April 2010
    Looks like we get the 1-1 split today. Woulda rather it been 2-0 day but what can ya do.

Back for tomorrows card
  • scottydog2kscottydog2k Senior Member
    edited April 2010
    Your the man Calzone.........
    edited April 2010
    thanks cal Tom
    edited April 2010
    Game 2 (Chicago Bulls @ Cleveland Cavaliers)

ATS: UNDER 191.5 (-110) (1.1 units to win 1 unit)

Only play for today. Not much time for a writeup here. Just believe the Cavs will make it more difficult for Rose to get to the hoop and goad both him and Noah into those 15-18 foot jumpers. While Rose is good, I still do not think he can shoot lights out from mid range and the perimeter. We should see a total in the mid 180s. I still think the Bulls can compete with the Cavs and can keep it close, but I got burned and will not get burned again.

Another play I'd highly consider though I am not going to be playing it tonight is the Utah Jazz ATS. The public perception is that the Jazz are screwed without Mehmet Okur for the rest of this series, but really it was not as big of a blow as advertised. Only thing it changes is the Jazz go smaller now and put Boozer at the 5 and Millsap at the 4 more than likely. While they can not win this series against Denver doing that, they can certainly put up points and keep games close. Something to keep in mind for this game and games the rest of this series.

4 game tomorrow on 4/20, should have a bigger card then.
    edited April 2010
    Jazz managed to cover ATS and also won outright, kicking myself for not playing my hunch. But the playoffs are a long thing that stretch out for a while, no reason over-playing things or forcing things. Heres the 4/20 card for tonight.

Lines are taken from The Greek, better line value and line shopping is always crucial, I don't like taking bad lines.

Game 2 (Milwaukee Bucks @ Atlanta Hawks)

ATS: Atlanta Hawks -7.5 (-110) (1.1 units to win 1 unit)

Game 2 (Oklahoma City Thunder @ Los Angeles Lakers)

ATS: Oklahoma City Thunder +6 (-110) (1.1 units to win 1 unit)
    edited April 2010
    eric maynor is horrible, thunder are clueless without westbrook in the game lol
    edited April 2010
    2-0 tonight, things a tad better
  • hornhorn Super Moderator
    edited April 2010
    If I knew how to embed a video, I would. Good Job
  • brmapesbrmapes Senior Member
    edited April 2010
    Nice job Calzone

I'd love for the Thunder to pull off 3 W's in OKC
    edited April 2010
    Cal Great job Thanks Tom caught a midle with a 4 teamer with your help !!
    edited April 2010
    nothing today, don't like either of these games

leans to Bobcats/Magic under 186 and Mavs -3

we will see if any good lines come up at halftime
  • originalokieoriginalokie Senior Member
    edited April 2010
    Thursday Thunder opened at - 2
    Played at - 2 1/2
    Now at - 3 1/2
    1st Playoff Game Here
    Sold out in 7 minutes
    I think I was only Thunder fan in Vegas
    Best
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited April 2010
    nothing today, don't like either of these games

leans to Bobcats/Magic under 186 and Mavs -3

we will see if any good lines come up at halftime

well cal, looks like you should've pulled the trigger on that under so far. this is the worst offensive game i have ever seen so far. brutal stuff for all of us over betters here.