Betting Talk

calzonesays NBA Freaky-Friday

calzonesayscalzonesays Senior Member
edited March 2010 in Sports Betting
2008-2009 NBA RECORD: 73-51
2008-2009 NCAAB RECORD: 18-8
2008-2009 OVERALL BASKETBALL: 91-59

2009-2010 NBA RECORD: 75-64 (+5.6 units)
2009-2010 NCAAB RECORD: 9-5 (+3.5 units)
2009-2010 OVERALL BASKETBALL: 84-69 (+9.1 units)

Los Angeles Lakers -1.5 (-110) (1.1 units to win 1 unit)

Normally not a fan of the Lakers ATS, especially on the road, but tonight is simply the exception. Durant and the Thunder continue their track record of being able to beat the lower tier teams and most of the middle tier teams, I still believe they struggle with the elite teams (Cleveland, Lakers, Denver). Tough order on Thabo Sefolosha's plate tonight and that will be trying to contain Kobe Bryant for the most part. Thabo normally a pretty lock down defender that flies under the radar.

Liking the Lakers more now with Bynum out of the lineup than with him in the lineup (regular season at least). I believe the Lakers will continue a push for best record in the NBA and home court throughout (though I believe they will ultimately fall short of Cleveland). Odom playing the 4 spot adds some versatility to the Lakers front-court, and Gasol is continuing his monster streak. The X-Factor to this game seems to be Ron Artest. He should be able to hold Durant relatively in check (not going out on the limb here, maybe hold him to 25 points?). If hes knocking down the open shots hes been getting, the Lakers should win this one as OKC continues its struggles vs. the elite teams. Lakeshow minus the points.

Detroit Pistons/New Jersey Nets UNDER 192.5 (-110) (1.1 units to win 1 unit)

Good luck everyone. Adding more shortly. :clover:

Comments

• calzonesayscalzonesays Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    Miami Heat/Milwaukee Bucks UNDER 184 (-110) (1.1 units to win 1 unit)
  • creamcream Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    Bump.... I'm a big fan of the OKC Thunder, but couldn't agree with you more on your write up above (especially about the part with Odom in the lineup, Lakers become much better in the first quarter, etc...). The saying goes, Bynum is great for the playoffs, but not so great for the regular season....

Also, Lakers have beaten these guys something like 11 straight times.... I don't think it ends tonight....
  • cabster13cabster13 Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    Lakers down 19 at the half....incredible no show tonight!
  • SwishSwish Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    Bucks under is looking good; Bucks are cold tonight! Let's get this one!
  • Merlin21Merlin21 Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    LA scored 13 pts in 3rd Q..... 13 pts!! Thought I was ok by chasing my initial 2 units for the game by taking LA -41/2 2nd half........ Let see what the 4th has in store
  • calzonesayscalzonesays Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    another thing I didn't invision happening tonight...

Yi Jianlian the biggest bricklayer in the NY/NJ area (next to Eddie House) 12-15 shooting

that under looks toast I will see if something presents itself at halftime for Suns Knicks

worst showing ive seen from the Lakers all year

this is a team whos won 13 of their last 16