Betting Talk

calzonesays NBA/NCAA Freaky-Friday

calzonesayscalzonesays Senior Member
edited March 2010 in Sports Betting
2008-2009 NBA RECORD: 73-51
2008-2009 NCAAB RECORD: 18-8
2008-2009 OVERALL BASKETBALL: 91-59

2009-2010 NBA RECORD: 71-62 (+3.7 units)
2009-2010 NCAAB RECORD: 8-5 (+2.5 units)
2009-2010 OVERALL BASKETBALL: 79-67 (+6.2 units)

NCAAB

Georgetown Hoyas -3.5 (-110) (1.1 units to win 1 unit)

For a while now the Hoyas in NCAAB were basically the equivilent to the Atlanta Hawks or Phoenix Suns in the NBA. Never knew which team you were going to get. Sometimes Georgetown played flawlessly and seemed to be on top of their game, other times they would lose to a CAA team at home...(sorry Brmapes). You can only ride the 3-ball for so long before the well starts to run dry. Marquette so far in the Big East tourney has shot a blistering 21-36 from 3 point range vs. St. Johns & Nova combined. I like the way the Hoyas have been playing as of late and believe they can keep the momentum of the win over the 'Cuse rolling on. Its a tad scary taking Georgetown minus the 3.5 seeing as all of Marquettes games seem to come down to the final possession. With that being said I like Georgetown tonight. Marquette cooling down tonight from behind the Arc.

NBA

Memphis Grizzlies 1Q -2 (-110) (1.1 units to win 1 unit)

1Q lines aren't yet posted at Bookmaker, but given the current line is -7.5 in favor of Memphis, it will be -2. I'll be grabbing it at release, so grab it when it comes out or is available already at your book. I'll just say -2 for now.

Grizzlies seem to be a team that gets off to some pretty electric starts at home, even recently with their mini-skid. The first unit is NOT the problem with the Grizzlies and the reason they have lost some games, most of the blame in my opinion definitely falls on the play of the 2nd unit and some of the garbage in it. The Knicks on the other hand lately, have mostly been slow starting on the road, or not even starting/showing up at all.

As a Knicks fan I can tell you, there is not much left in this season to look forward to, its all about when the season is over and this summer. Pretty much the same culture in that organization, right now its a bunch of open auditions. T-Mac auditioning for other teams, Al "NoSharington" auditioning for another contract elsewhere, Sergio Rodriguez/Bill Walker auditioning to be part of the Knicks building plans next season. One thing I can tell you, the Grizzlies match up very well against the Knicks. Grizzlies have a strong frontcourt and love pounding the glass and attacking the rim, the Knicks lack size/determination and noone can box out (especially David Lee, watched almost every Knicks game this season, the guy does NOT box out).

I think the Grizzlies will open up very strong tonight and will control the glass and get many second chance opportunities. Won't risk the -7.5 for the game because I know with guys like Harrington and Eddie House coming off the bench a bit later in the game, it can certainly be one of those random nights where they combine for 10 3's. I like the Grizzlies in the first quarter minus the points.

Starting with these two now, I will be adding more over the next 30 mins or so. Good luck everyone :clover:

Comments

• calzonesayscalzonesays Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    Utah Jazz/Milwaukee Bucks UNDER 196.5 (-110) (1.1 units to win 1 unit)
  • originalokieoriginalokie Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    James Hardin out up to 4 weeks with hamstring - 1st injury to Thunder this season - Loved to watch him play - Good luck today
  • kwhite86kwhite86 Junior Member
    edited March 2010
    Al NoSharington HAHAHA, all plays look solid, GL All Dans Go to Hardwood Heaven
  • KeyElementKeyElement Banned
    edited March 2010
    Well this post explains Cal's absences at least a little. He hasn't been busy, he has been sick the day after watching a Knicks game. My sympathy to Cal and all other Knicks fans. Shoot, what's next, is he gonna tell us he is a Pirates fan?
  • woozie28woozie28 Member
    edited March 2010
    Cal....
    I also love the Hoyas but have been burned big with the big east favorites in this and most of their recent tournaments.
    I'm still on Georgetown. I think it's the best bet of the day.
    edited March 2010
    marquette is the scrapiest team i have ever seen, its like the bride of chucky, chucky gets hit by a truck, thrown in a blender, set on fire, and just keeps coming back...

don't bitch out hoyas
  • zmanne511zmanne511 Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    nice call on Memphis 1st qtr -2.5 calzone
    edited March 2010
    KeyElement wrote:
    Well this post explains Cal's absences at least a little. He hasn't been busy, he has been sick the day after watching a Knicks game. My sympathy to Cal and all other Knicks fans. Shoot, what's next, is he gonna tell us he is a Pirates fan?

fortunately for us knicks fans we can focus on baseball season soon with the yankees lol...

july 1st is the date we target for basketball when free agency opens up...

georgetown -3.5 = winner
    memphis 1Q = winner

as expected marquette cools down from 3pt land...

just jazz/bucks total pending for 3-0 night...lets sweep it
    edited March 2010
    3-0 sweep

good thing we took Memphis for the first quarter spread, Knicks ended up backdooring the game spread in the 4th, i feel bad for whoever had memphis -7.5 for the game
  • DollaXpressDollaXpress Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    Sweep it is.......Great job!!
  • cabster13cabster13 Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    Good Job Calzoneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!