Betting Talk

Calzonesays NBA Friday

calzonesayscalzonesays Senior Member
edited March 2010 in Sports Betting
2008-2009 NBA RECORD: 73-51
2008-2009 NCAAB RECORD: 18-8
2008-2009 OVERALL BASKETBALL: 91-59

2009-2010 NBA RECORD: 67-60 (+1.8 units)
2009-2010 NCAAB RECORD: 8-5 (+2.5 units)
2009-2010 OVERALL BASKETBALL: 75-65 (+4.3 units)

Oklahoma City Thunder -4.5 (-110) (1.1 units to win 1 unit)

Interesting spot for the Zombie Sonics tonight. I think they just had one of those off nights against the Nuggets, and they really got pushed around and bullied. Thats the best thing a veteran team can do to these type of younger, less physical teams, get in their head a bit. I believe the Clippers do not have the same type of physicality, and do not pose as much of a threat to the Thunder tonight. The Clippers really do struggle keeping Kevin Durant under control (who doesn't?). Durant is averaging around 35/10 this season against the Clippers.

Clippers managed to steal a game in OKC early this season before the Thunder really hit their stride, a game in which Westbrook, Durant and Green all struggled mightily. This is a different Clipper team, and that was a different Thunder team. This Clipper team is really just playing the spoiler role, and are not playing anywhere near as hard as they were earlier in the season. Maybe the season series between these two teams and the beatdown the Thunder took in Denver gave this line a little bit of a discount. Thunder will simply be wanting this one more than the Clippers, Kim Hughes is simply around for the ride until the season is over. He basically threw in the towel against the Suns when the game was still very much in reach (pulling Baron Davis for Steve Blake), just to keep Baron healthy to finish the year off. Thunder should control this game from start to finish, Thabo is very pesky defensively, and the backbone of this Clippers team right now seems to be the shooting of Eric Gordon. Thabo should be able to hold Gordon relatively in check.

Thunder minus the points.

Milwaukee Bucks/Washington Wizards UNDER 192.5 (-110) (1.1 units to win 1 unit)

Not much to say about this one.

Cleveland Cavaliers -12 (-110) (1.1 units to win 1 unit)

Watching the Detroit Pistons against the New York Knicks the other day, you could just tell by the body language how this Detroit Pistons team feels. Losing their enforcer Ben Wallace to injury really changed the complexion of this team greatly. They have lost all confidence, and had almost no will defensively. Giving up alley-oops and baseline dunks to Bill Walker of the Knicks, it was a very sad sight to see. I wouldn't quite say they have quit on their coach just yet, but it looks very much like it. Cavs on the other hand have become an even more dangerous team with Shaq going down in my opinion. The Cavs with their stacked roster speeding up the tempo of the game was the scariest thing they could do (for other teams).

Normally not a fan of double digit spreads in NBA as they can be suicide at times. I think the Cavs are going to start going on a serious run to close out the season, and they will not ease up in the process. This team likes showboating, running up the score and basically having fun, and fun is something they will have with this Pistons team who struggles on the road, without their one tough defender in the paint. This one will get ugly.

Comments

• calzonesayscalzonesays Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    hold on thunder
  • calzonesayscalzonesays Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    Thunder -4.5 = winner

2-1 night

2008-2009 NBA RECORD: 73-51
    2008-2009 NCAAB RECORD: 18-8
    2008-2009 OVERALL BASKETBALL: 91-59

2009-2010 NBA RECORD: 69-61 (+2.7 units)
    2009-2010 NCAAB RECORD: 8-5 (+2.5 units)
    2009-2010 OVERALL BASKETBALL: 77-66 (+5.2 units)
  • tschifanotschifano Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    Cal good to have you back Missed your picks
  • rmbullisrmbullis Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    Thanks Cal!! I always respect your picks to the utmost. You da man!!