Betting Talk

NBA Wednesday

calzonesayscalzonesays Senior Member
edited March 2010 in Sports Betting
2008-2009 NBA RECORD: 73-51
2008-2009 NCAAB RECORD: 18-8
2008-2009 OVERALL BASKETBALL: 91-59

2009-2010 NBA RECORD: 66-59 (+1.9 units)
2009-2010 NCAAB RECORD: 8-5 (+2.5 units)
2009-2010 OVERALL BASKETBALL: 74-64 (+4.4 units)

Sacramento Kings/Houston Rockets OVER 210 (-110) (1.1 units to win 1 unit)

Love this spot tonight playing the OVER between the Kings and Rockets. The Kings had quite the shootout against the Thunder the other night and I am hearing things with the Rockets that make me like this play more. The Rockets without Ariza tonight and the GM Daryl Morey said it best, for this current roster to win and be competitive as of now, they will have to go small and run a lot more. They did this against the Utah Jazz, though it wasn't successul, the total was way over what it was expected. The line is right around where it should be, but I would have set the line around 213.5 personally.

I expect a lot of running tonight as both teams will certainly look to push the tempo, and neither will look to slow it, I believe the Rockets will continue to try to play the role of the Phoenix Suns til the end of this season, given the personnel they have currently. Obviously next season with a healthy Yao, they cannot run like this, but its worth a shot now at the end of the season to try to get into the playoffs. Hopefully Landry and Kevin Martin both don't try to do too much against their former teams.

Atlanta Hawks -8.5 (-110) (1.1 units to win 1 unit)

Playing the Atlanta Hawks tonight though they can tend to be a real kick in the balls at times. This is one spot I believe this team to really perform well in. The Sixers come into Phillips Arena tonight without Elton Brand. The Hawks are playing very solid basketball right now, and the Sixers are known for folding it on the road at times. I look at the Sixers right now and I know that they will be starting Thaddeus Young at the 4 spot. Huge advantage to the Hawks right there. Thaddeus Young is a tweener who just gives up too much size and strength at the 4, and he really gets abused by more physical PFs (See: Josh Smith).

The number is just about right where it should be, but seeing his awful this lineup looked in Orlando the other day, I think Atlanta should be doing the same exact thing the Magic did, run away with this one. Hawks by double digits.

~ will be adding a few more

Comments

• originalokieoriginalokie Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    Good Luck, Welcome, Pizza Face!!!
  • calzonesayscalzonesays Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    little tidbit of info I have, Terrence Williams was up til 3AM playing Call of Duty on his Xbox last night, take it for what its worth

shows how serious the Nets take this season lol...
  • nightlife32nightlife32 Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    Lol...about TWill thanks for the picks and good to see you bk posting again Zoner!
    edited March 2010
    these for now, gonna watch line movement on thunder/nuggets and suns/clippers
    edited March 2010
    Cal Thunder was + 6 1/2, went to + 7 1/2, I played, back to 6 1/2 real fast this am

All depends on how the Birdman plays

Best to you
    edited March 2010
    As expected, Chris Andersen (knee) will return to action on Wednesday. He was being called a game-time decision, but signs were pointing toward him being active. Feel free to use him if you need blocks and are willing to deal with his inconsistency. 3/1/2010
    edited March 2010
    Go Thunder
  • 50bucks50bucks Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    sorry missed ur picks tonight cal good luck tonight buddy and welcome back!!!!!!!!!!!1
  • lebron23lebron23 Banned
    edited March 2010
    rockets are not running tonight.. glad to have you back
    edited March 2010
    not sure why they are slowing it down with this lineup, probably explains why they are losing

kings arent very good getting back on defense...oh well
    edited March 2010
    no biggie, alot if time left and its the nba. anything can happen
  • SwishSwish Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    Are you thinking it wise to make a 2nd half play on the over in the Kings game?
    edited March 2010
    these two teams suck
  • cabster13cabster13 Senior Member
    edited March 2010
    Very nice call on the Hawks but unless we get 3 overtimes Houston/Sac may not make 170
    edited March 2010
    hawks was a nice winner definitely, can't really explain Kings/Rockets though

Kings attempted 100 shots, made 32
    Rockets attempted 80 shots, made 30

definitely a headscratcher, sac was pushing the pace but wasn't doing shit...

back tomorrow

thanks guys