Betting Talk

NBA Wednesday

calzonesayscalzonesays Senior Member
edited February 2010 in Sports Betting
2008-2009 NBA RECORD: 73-51
2008-2009 NCAAB RECORD:
18-8
2008-2009 OVERALL BASKETBALL: 91-59

2009-2010 NBA RECORD: 65-58 (+2.0 units)
2009-2010 NCAAB RECORD: 8-5 (+2.5 units)
2009-2010 OVERALL BASKETBALL: 73-63 (+4.5 units)

Those of you wondering where I have been or why I wasn't posting for a bit of time. I did not have the time necessary to devote to posting, updating and keeping track of things as well as putting in the right amount of time towards my researching and plays as I usually do. As many of you know, I do not like half-assing, I take what I do very seriously and if I do not put the right amount of prep time into it, I certainly pass all together and sit out. That is how it works for me and that is the deal. I try to post "consistently" every day but keep in mind that those of us who post our plays and advice and research on the forum here are not service, we do this for free to try to help others and do it in our free time. I think BT is the best forum still, even if some see this as "a down time" its better to have weeded out the frauds and those with agendas and Edward did a good job. Moving on..

* Los Angeles Clippers -2 (-110) (1.1 units to win 1 unit)

I like the Clippers tonight to get Kim Hughes his first victory as interim coach. While the Clippers looked awful their first game of his tenure against the Spurs, that was almost expected. Last night against the Jazz the Clippers looked like a solid basketball team for the first 3 quarters. The Clippers are finally free from Dunleavy's chains and shackles of his overcomplicated, underperforming half court sets. Dunleavy was known as a control freak that did not let Baron run the offense the way he did in Golden State.

Kim Hughes promises to let the Clippers run more, but to control it at the same time, and I think watching them last night they are learning more and more each night. I believe this is the breakthrough game that the Clippers will need to get the ball rolling. Not too concerned about this being a road game as the Clippers are not traveling out of the state. Perfect time to back the Clippers to get their first win. Monta Ellis scratched from the lineup tonight with a mild knee sprain, the team will just hold him out and let him rest through the All-Star break. Same with Corey Maggette (dislocated finger). Doesn't leave very many options for this team, expecting the burden of the scoring to fall on Stephen Curry and Anthony Morrow's hands. Two very streaky shooters that can shoot Golden State to a lead, but at the same time, could certainly shoot them out of the game completely. Morrow was lights out against Dallas but I don't see him putting up 30+ tonight against the Clippers.

All in all I think Golden State is the perfect team for the Clippers to test their new found freedom on. I expect big games from Baron Davis and Chris Kaman, and the Clippers winning comfortably at Oracle. The Mike Dunleavy-less Los Angeles Clippers minus the points on the road. Leaning towards the UNDER on this game as well, but not able to pull the trigger.

* Milwaukee Bucks -5 (-110) (1.1 units to win 1 unit)

People really underestimate how bad the New Jersey Nets are. They have been managing to cover on spreads that are larger than 10 points pretty efficiently, but it is still painful to watch them play. They have clearly quit on this season and most of the players seem very disinterested. I believe the Nets best chance of getting a win was at home against Detroit about a week and a half ago, they managed to lose that game by 4 points to a very horrible Pistons team.

One thing about the Bucks that many people don't realize. This team plays EXTREMELY hard for Scott Skiles, I always underestimated him and wrote him off as a coach but they really do play hard for him. Pistons defense and Bucks poor offense managed to hold them to 9 points in the first quarter last night. The Nets defense is not anything close to that and this squad will not have to work from behind. Many inconsistent players on the Nets like Courtney Lee who can not string together 2 or 3 good games in a row. Very pesky defender in Charlie Bell is going to be on Courtney Lee and he seems to be the Nets main spark plug with Devin Harris most likely sitting. I think it could be a very long game for the Nets and they could lose on their home floor by double digits.

I am taking the more talented team in this one, they have been playing better without Michael Redd and Bogut is certainly starting to become more consistent. I do not see the Nets winning this game with the lineup they have now, too many inconsistent players. Bucks minus the points.

These for now...

Comments

• atreat600atreat600 Senior Member
    edited February 2010
    Agreed on the opening statement...GL tonight zone.
  • milleroumillerou Senior Member
    edited February 2010
    Thanks for the post calzone your time is appreciated.