Betting Talk

NBA/NCAAB plays (Week 2/1 to 2/7)

calzonesayscalzonesays Senior Member
edited February 2010 in Sports Betting
2008-2009 NBA RECORD: 73-51
2008-2009 NCAAB RECORD:
18-8
2008-2009 OVERALL BASKETBALL: 91-59

2009-2010 NBA RECORD: 63-55 (+4.2 units)
2009-2010 NCAAB RECORD: 7-5 (+1.5 units)
2009-2010 OVERALL BASKETBALL: 70-60 (+5.7 units)

Getting this thread up now..

Comments

• calzonesayscalzonesays Senior Member
    edited February 2010
    Los Angeles Lakers -1.5 over Memphis Grizzlies [ 1.1 units to win 1 unit ]

Lakers are not a great ATS team and I know about the road trip and how long its been for them, this is more a gut instinct game for me. Grizzlies have been a great surprise team no doubt, but they have seemed to come down to earth slightly the past week. Losing to the CP3-less Hornets at home in overtime last game after blowing a pretty big lead. The Lakers are coming off of that last second win at the Garden yesterday on national TV. The Lakers set a goal to win 6 games this road trip and I really think they are actually motivated. Phil Jackson has ways of motivating his team and these goals actually mean something to those players. The Lakers have a pretty intimidating front line as Bynum has been playing pretty amazing as of late, and Pau Gasol makes a visit to Memphis to play the team that basically gift wrapped him to the Lakers.

The key to the Grizzlies win streak in my opinion has been the front court play. The Lakers match up very well against the Grizzlies. Bynum and Gasol can go toe-to-toe with Gasol (hey another Gasol) and Randolph and basically butt heads. I don't think the Grizz will be as successful with the brute force attack tonight. Conley started also coming back down to earth and has looked pretty iffy the past few games. Though Artest has not been that effective on the offensive end for the Lakers, he has been pretty important to them on the defensive end. The only thing that scares me lately is that the Lakers defense has looked pretty invisible (mostly early on in games). When it comes down to it in the 4th quarter, the defense is definitely able to get those stops. OJ Mayo isn't known as the best defender and neither is Rudy Gay, both of them have a tendency to kind of slack off as I have watched, this will be a very intense game for them, I think Kobe will manage to wear either one of them out. What I would watch for would be Marc Gasol's foul situation, when Gasol gets in foul trouble early in games, the Grizz really get in trouble. I could see Marc playing with some extra added emotion and picking up some quick fouls tonight. Won't back the Lakers too many times this season but I believe they get it done here.
  • ChaseGChaseG Banned
    edited February 2010
    Thought about wizards and memphis but now that I think about it lakers or no play. World champions at a pick versus the youngest team in the league
  • beefcakebeefcake Senior Member
    edited February 2010
    dam that bobcats trailblazers line stinks like 3 week old laundry..-1.5??
  • ChaseGChaseG Banned
    edited February 2010
    bobcats big in that one, They're rolling on the road and that injured team can turn to shit any given night
  • 50bucks50bucks Senior Member
    edited February 2010
    good luck calzone lets cash this one
    edited February 2010
    Phoenix Suns/New Orleans Hornets OVER 212.5 [ 1.1 units to win 1 unit ]

Playing the OVER tonight in the Suns/Hornets. The Suns will obviously play this game very fast and push the tempo as they always do (no surprises here), they seem to have a little more confidence on the road and have shot the ball somewhat better on the road as of late. Hornets are not a team that will try to slow this one down, especially with the possible fatigue factor for the Suns having played an OT game last night in Houston and traveling. People who don't watch the Hornets or didn't really follow them a tad earlier in the season when CP3 was out a bit is even without Chris Paul, they still have a pretty capable PG. Darren Collison is extremely fast and the Hornets will certainly try to push the ball more with CP3's absence.

That is what the Hornets will have to do to even stay in this game tonight and it was the blueprint earlier in the season when CP3 was injured (their half court offense isn't quite as good w/ Collison). I really wonder how Steve Nash is going to be able to keep up with this guy. Key to this game will definitely be the perimeter play of Jared Dudley, Channing Frye (reduced bench role now) on the Suns side, and Peja and Marcus Thornton on the Hornets side of things. If any or all of these guys do not get into a rhythm quickly, this total might drag under. However I believe we get quite a shootout in New Orleans tonight. Will be close all the way through and I could even see this one going into overtime.
    edited February 2010
    beefcake wrote:
    dam that bobcats trailblazers line stinks like 3 week old laundry..-1.5??

noticed the same thing, been a bobcats backer over the past week or two but the fact Lang is on them tonight almost turns it into a no play for me....gotta do some thinking there...
  • 50bucks50bucks Senior Member
    edited February 2010
    ill ride with you again on this one calzone. good luck
    edited February 2010
    good luck everyone

these two for now, can't seem to get a read on mavs/jazz or bobcats/blazers

leans to the mavs +4 and bobcats +2 but gut feeling i cant pull the trigger on either for some reason, we will see if i made a wise move not playing them or a donkey move...
  • ChaseGChaseG Banned
    edited February 2010
    don't the lakers look way too easy? anyone can hammer that line with the champs having to lose vs a no name team up until recently
    edited February 2010
    sometimes when you overthink and try to give yourself reasons to go both ways is when u end up making a bad judgement

yeah it looks too easy, but sometimes thats what happens
  • ChaseGChaseG Banned
    edited February 2010
    alright, hopefully my wizards +5.5 for game doesn't kill me in the second half, already had that Kstate buzzer beater bury me and then Celtics ML the day after.
    edited February 2010
    ouch suns miss 3 FTs in the last 30 seconds and david west blows a layup

goes under by 3

thats gambling
    edited February 2010
    0-2

bad start to the week
  • cabster13cabster13 Senior Member
    edited February 2010
    knew i couldnt end up my week ahead. two tough beats as NO lost the over 2qtr. Lakers just too tired on the last of a long road trip. ouch
    edited February 2010
    5minute dry spell in the 2nd quarter screwed the total

woulda flew over if the hornets could make a layup in the 2nd quarter
    edited February 2010
    hmmm,bobcats going to be down 10+ at the half...but after a shitty first Q they have hung in there,might be some value in the 2nd half compared to the opening number..?
  • ChaseGChaseG Banned
    edited February 2010
    ChaseG wrote:
    alright, hopefully my wizards +5.5 for game doesn't kill me in the second half, already had that Kstate buzzer beater bury me and then Celtics ML the day after.
    :bye: :surrender:
    edited February 2010
    -1.5 ahh the hell with it..played the bobcats 2nd half..figure getting 3-4 in value fromn the opening line..
    edited February 2010
    NCAA
    Drake Bulldogs +4
    [ 1.1 units to win 1 unit ]

NBA
    Detroit Pistons -3 [ 1.1 units to win 1 unit ]
    Memphis Grizzlies +10 [ 1.1 units to win 1 unit ]
    Toronto Raptors/Indiana Pacers UNDER 217 [ 1.1 units to win 1 unit ]
    edited February 2010
    Grizz gonna screw it up two night in a row. 64 1st and 75 3rd point quarters thru 3 in the Pacers game. Pacers 1Q over has cashed I think the last 7 or 8 games in a row. Come on Pistons and Drake for the split!
    edited February 2010
    Pistons -3 winner
    Drake +4 winner
    Grizzlies +10 loss
    Raptors/Pacers UNDER loss

pick up the 2-2 split, good way to salvage that disaster that is the MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES
    edited February 2010
    Nice comback by Drake and great result in a nailbiter by the Pistons. Feels like a great 2-2 night with that finish!
    edited February 2010
    u need a grind it out day like this sometimes during weeks

some days things just go blatantly wrong for you

got momentum going into tomorrow
    edited February 2010
    Indiana Pacers -3.5 [ 1.1 units to win 1 unit ]
    New York Knicks -2
    [ 1.1 units to win 1 unit ]