Betting Talk

State of Washington Report

kkirkkkirk Senior Member
edited January 2010 in Sports Betting
Took a little respite from the Report last week, owing a litlte bit to the fact I was real busy, but mostly to the fact that I had no idea how the local teams would perform in LA. The Pac-10 is ridiculously mediocre this year and ANY TEAM can beat ANY TEAM, home or away (except Washington, who would struggle against a good high school team if it was out of the state).
5-5 on the season's picks.

UW/WSU: Teams play each other in Seattle this week in Round 1 of the basketball version of the Apple Cup. In looking at the game I think it will come down to pace of play. The Huskies like a game where the game has 75+ possessions and the Cougs perfer the game in the 65-70 range for possessions. Huskies are 2-4 on the year in games with less than 70 possessions and the two wins were a 5-point win at home against Wright St. and a 4-point win at home against Montana. Cougs on the other hand are 10-2 in games with less than 70 possessions and they've been able to keep the game in that range 12 times in their 20 games. The Huskies, however, have only had 6 games with 75+ possessions. These numbers suggest to me the Cougs are going to be able to force their will in regard to the pace of play and give them selves a change to win. Additionally, Cougs match up pretty good with Husky guards and UW starter Isiah Thomas missed Tuesday's non-conference win over Seattle U. with a nasty case of stomach flu, though he's expected back. We've all had stomach flu, however, and I'm betting he'll be less than 100 percent. We'll hope for a game in the 65-70 possession range and take the 7 1/2 points.
Pick: WSU +7 1/2