NBA plays (Week 1/25 to 1/31)

calzonesayscalzonesays Senior Member
edited January 2010 in Sports Betting
2008-2009 NBA RECORD: 73-51
2008-2009 NCAAB RECORD:
18-8
2008-2009 OVERALL BASKETBALL: 91-59

2009-2010 NBA RECORD: 57-53 (+.1 units)
2009-2010 NCAAB RECORD: 7-5 (+1.5 units)
2009-2010 OVERALL BASKETBALL: 62-55 (+1.6 units)

Much easier in this format in my opinion..

Will just add plays to this thread all week, so theres not a million of the same threads from one person floating around the board in a given day. :p

Comments

• calzonesayscalzonesays Senior Member
    edited January 2010
    Cavs PK 1.1 to win 1
    edited January 2010
    Cavs PK = winner

back tomorrow check this thread
  • orourket5orourket5 Senior Member
    edited January 2010
    Which record is thwe correct one? The top or bottom of your post?
    edited January 2010
    top is 2008-2009
    bottom is 2009-2010 (this yr)

just keeping track of every seasons record and keeping them in my thread so ppl can see long term results
  • AngryPirateAngryPirate Senior Member
    edited January 2010
    i think he is talking about your record on top vs. your signature
  • orourket5orourket5 Senior Member
    edited January 2010
    So your 2009-2010 nba record is +.1 units not 11.1 units....kinda confusing sorry
    edited January 2010
    orourket5 wrote:
    So your 2009-2010 nba record is +.1 units not 11.1 units....kinda confusing sorry

yeah my mistake, i dont have signatures displayed for my forum view so i forgot i had that there

the signature record was slightly outdated, i removed the signature
    edited January 2010
    Phoenix Suns/Charlotte Bobcats OVER 209 [ 1.1 units to win 1 unit ]

Taken the line from Bookmaker at 6PM EST

A line that seems too good to be true for a Phoenix Suns game. The Suns come off of a blown lead last night in Utah in which they gave up 66 points in the second half against the Utah Jazz. I have a track record of wanting to avoid everything involving the Phoenix Suns due to the complete random nature of most of their games, and the impossibility to handicap at times. But when a Phoenix Suns total is below 210-212, you have to follow the cardinal rule where you are obligated to take the OVER.

This Suns team is still running their up-tempo run and gun system and will continue doing so. The Charlotte Bobcats had a reputation early in the season about complete grind it out defense, and a pretty stagnant offense that could not score. The Bobcats adding Stephen Jackson have still been playing with defensive intensity, but have been known to play up to the tempo of the team they are playing now. Old Bobcats of last season would continue their slow paced offense and try to make the Suns fall asleep, but not this new Bobcats offense. Bobcats have gone OVER the total in 5 of their last 6 games. While their defense is good, I still believe they will play into the Suns trap and run with them tonight. The Bobcats have gone OVER the total in 7 of 11 games this season when playing in the second game of a back-to-back. Suns have also had a history of going OVER in the back to back situation as they have gone OVER in 6 of their 10 games this season in b2b situations. Suns are forced to play smaller lineups now with injuries to Barbosa and possibly an injury that is holding Grant Hill out tonight. An increase of minutes for Goran Dragic who was giving up quite a few easy buckets to Jazz rookie guard Wesley Matthews last night. A porous defense for the Suns grows even more porous in my opinion.

I strongly believe that this game goes OVER the total and will be playing it tonight. I would be shocked if Charlotte did not score at least 98-101 points against this Suns defense tonight as they scored 125 points against them in Charlotte a tad earlier this month.
    edited January 2010
    <!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> 1ST HALF PLAY - Los Angeles Lakers -4.5 [ 1.1 units to win 1 unit ]

Taken the line from Bookmaker at 6:10PM EST

Playing the Los Angeles Lakers minus the points in the first half. The Wizards are falling apart these days and in this spot I like this Lakers team to put on the pressure early on. Antawn Jamison is likely not to play tonight and the Wizards reserves have shown lately they are not up to the task of filling the void. Caron Butler is still struggling and fighting off trade rumors and also possible falling out with Flip Saunders. Laker bench squandered a lead late in Toronto on Sunday and I do not want the same thing happening tonight.

The Wizards have some very shaky play, especially opening games. Brendan Haywood is the last line of defense and I really don't think the Wizards have enough physicality up front to deal with both Gasol and Bynum. I think the Lakers open this one up fairly early, won't risk a large near double digit number for the game, but a much more managable 4.5 for the first half.
    edited January 2010
    these for now, will keep an eye on 2nd half plays..

good luck everyone
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited January 2010
    I just played the Over 209.5 in the Phoenix Game Love I'm with you Good Luck. Was looking at the Under in the G.S/Sac game but not at the present number. Would take the Under if it gets back to 221.
  • hornhorn Super Moderator
    edited January 2010
    GL cal, thought about playing Charlotte under and Suns -5'. Sounds like you believe Suns to be a good play ATS with a 125-101ish score. May play that one with the two tired clubs.
    edited January 2010
    nvm, read that wrong on your suns score prediction
    edited January 2010
    horn wrote:
    nvm, read that wrong on your suns score prediction
    kinda predicting a 117-102ish score...in favor of the suns, wont play them ATS because i could see them very easily giving up 120
    edited January 2010
    Cash Lakers 1H -4.5
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited January 2010
    nice work zone... i hope they cover my -8 for the game. they killed 'em in the 2nd qtr!
    edited January 2010
    cash Suns/Bobcats OVER 209...

managed to hit the OVER in OT though it really shouldn't have needed OT...awful 4th quarter by the suns, proving they are a joke....

2-0 tonight, 3-0 on the week
    edited January 2010
    way to bounce back, stayed off the charlotte under after reading your post. thanks.
    edited January 2010
    standby (i love this quote)
    edited January 2010
    get you some sixers, cal.
    edited January 2010
    Utah Jazz -2.5 over Portland Trailblazers [ 1.1 units to win 1 unit ]

Taken the line from Bookmaker at 5:50PM EST

I absolutely love the Utah Jazz tonight in this tilt against the Portland Trailblazers. I know it is a tad dangerous betting against the Blazers, especially when they are playing in the Rose Garden, but I believe injuries are starting to finally catch up to this squad. The Blazers have been playing over their head despite losing so many key parts of their team this season. A black cloud seriously seems to be over this franchise now as nude pictures of Greg Oden surfaced on the internet (lol). Brandon Roy will NOT be playing tonight for the Blazers and the way the Utah offense has been clicking, this will be one of the deciding factors of the game tonight.

Jazz are known for road woes and road struggles but I believe this team is playing at a different level confidence-wise right now. They have Kirilenko back in the starting lineup and finally healthy, he is a key part of this team that was missing for so long. What the Jazz have done lately with their offense and their rotation in general, I believe good things will start to come as they finally turn the corner heading into the All-Star break. Sloan is doing something that I have been pushing for all year long. He is now FINALLY realizing that you CAN play Millsap and Boozer on the floor at the same time for extended amounts of time. Sloan was stubborn most of this season but when Millsap and Boozer played on the floor together against the Suns in the second half, the Jazz offense came alive.

I believe this Jazz team is a new team right now, Millsap is getting increased minutes, Wesley Matthews the undrafted rookie out of Marqutte is playing well, and the rotation is trimmed down a bit. Sloan really only has a 7 man rotation right now with people getting marginal minutes, with a few other fillers in between incase of foul trouble. I like the way things are going right now for the Jazz and I think their size now in the starting lineup (Kirilenko) will really bother Martell Webster tonight. All in all I think the Jazz get a key road win here and hold Martell Webster in check, a guy who has been playing out of his mind and is due to come down back to earth very very soon. Utah Jazz minus the points on the road (always a risk, but thats why they call it gambling).
  • ChaseGChaseG Banned
    edited January 2010
    wow you got some breaks with that suns over and cavs.. guess your luck turned around
    edited January 2010
    turned around for the moment, the bad beats certainly outweigh the lucky wins though
    edited January 2010
    1ST HALF PLAY - Los Angeles Clippers -4 [ 1.1 units to win 1 unit ]

Taken the line from Bookmaker at 7:00PM EST

To make things even worse for the New Jersey Nets, the "injuries" seem to be piling up. As well as the stomach virus. I have heard that the Stomach Flu is sweeping through the team, making Javaris Hayes questionable for this game, and Chris Douglas Roberts also questionable. Even if they do end up playing, you can only wonder how limited they will be. The Clippers are pretty strong up front with Chris Kaman and Marcus Camby, and really the only reliable person on the Nets right now is Brook Lopez. Devin Harris won't be playing tonight due to his phantom wrist injury and Courtney Lee won't play because his wisdom teeth (lol).

Think the Clippers will cover the first half, but since they don't have a true backup PG for Baron Davis since Telfair went down, playing them for the 2nd half when the backup PG is most important seems like a bad idea. JamesOn Curry has been signed to a short term contract (yes his name is JamesOn). Hopefully Eric Gordon is efficient enough and the Clippers jump on the Nets early as I think they will. Baron has been much more efficient lately. Will be interesting to see who gets matched up vs Gordon. We will see. Clippers minus the points in the first half.
    edited January 2010
    man camby getting hurt in the 1st quarter really hurt the clippers

jazz are up 16-2 in the first quarter though, hopefully 1-1 on the day and that would make us 4-1 on the week with a jazz win
  • tschifanotschifano Senior Member
    edited January 2010
    good to have you back at it Thanks
    edited January 2010
    Jazz -2.5 = winner

1-1 tonight, 4-1 on the week thus far
  • LancerLancer Senior Member
    edited January 2010
    thanks for da jazz calzone!
    edited January 2010
    Oklahoma City Thunder -2 over Denver Nuggets [ 1.1 units to win 1 unit ]

Taken the line from Bookmaker at 4:00PM EST

Playing the Oklahoma City Thunder tonight over the Denver Nuggets. Carmelo Anthony is now bumped down to doubtful tonight. Minor setback in the ankle this morning at shootaround. Nuggets will play this safely and won't tax him prior to the allstar break too much I believe. This is one case of a veteran team with many veteran guys knowing the bigger picture. While they do want to win every game to try to get homecourt, these games before the All-Star break for teams like the Nuggets, Spurs, Celtics just to name a few don't really have as much meaning. After the All-Star break is when it really kicks up in intensity for those teams. The Thunder are a fairly young team playing in the moment and playing with a lot of energy.

Those who set the lines figured that the Nuggets managed to beat the Houston Rockets in Houston without Melo so they obviously can do the same thing in OKC. Its a hot or cold league and the Rockets were very cold and Ariza is in the worst shooting slump of the season. While the win in Houston was impressive, it really was not as big as it seems. Arron Afflalo really struggled in Houston and the Thunder have some very good defending guards. He is one of the key pieces to the Nuggets success when they play without Melo.

As for the Thunder's home loss to the Baby Bulls, they were heavy favorites and got completely waxed. That wasn't exactly a fluke, the Bulls are one of the hottest teams before the All-Star break as they prove my theory of a young hot team managing to steal victories from flat veteran teams (Spurs, Suns). The Thunder are always good at rebounding from losses as they are 15-2 ATS following an ATS loss. Not the biggest trend guy here but every time I watch the Thunder play like crap they always seem to turn things around very quickly. Scott Brooks has done a very good job under the radar there. I don't expect Melo to play tonight given the Nuggets stance on his injury but I am not ruling it out completely. I expect the Thunder to rebound nicely with at least a 5 point victory at home. Taking the Thunder minus the points at home. Just a shame I pulled the trigger a tad late and missed it at 1.5, I would exercise a little more patience but I actually think the number will climb up before tip.
  • TommyGoldTommyGold Senior Member
    edited January 2010
    GOOD LUCK!!! :thumbup2:

2008-2009 NBA RECORD: 73-51
    2008-2009 NCAAB RECORD:
    18-8
    2008-2009 OVERALL BASKETBALL: 91-59

2009-2010 NBA RECORD: 57-53 (+.1 units)
    2009-2010 NCAAB RECORD: 7-5 (+1.5 units)
    2009-2010 OVERALL BASKETBALL: 62-55 (+1.6 units)

Much easier in this format in my opinion..

Will just add plays to this thread all week, so theres not a million of the same threads from one person floating around the board in a given day. :p

This is a wise plan!!! :yes: