Betting Talk

NBA Saturday

calzonesayscalzonesays Senior Member
edited January 2010 in Sports Betting
2008-2009 NBA RECORD: 73-51
2008-2009 NCAAB RECORD:
18-8
2008-2009 OVERALL BASKETBALL: 91-59

2009-2010 NBA RECORD: 55-50 (+1.1 units)
2009-2010 NCAAB RECORD: 7-5 (+1.5 units)
2009-2010 OVERALL BASKETBALL: 62-55 (+2.6 units)

* Indiana Pacers -2.5 (-110) (1.1 units to win 1 unit)

Pacers seem to be the play for me here in the matchup against the 76ers. The Pacers have been playing much better basketball lately. They won the rematch of the Malice in the Palace last night over the Pistons. The Sixers managed to beat a pretty bipolar Dallas Mavericks team at home. The Pacers seem to be getting healthier and getting things as a team down pat. The Sixers haven't impressed me lately aside from that win against Dallas they looked pretty flat playing @Minnesota and also looked very flat against the banged up Blazers squad. With Granger starting to shake off the rust and Hibbert and Murphy doing their work on the glass, I think the Pacers have always been a very good matchup against the Sixers. Pacers play with a different level of intensity at home and seems thing to go much better for them playing at Conseco Fieldhouse.

Both teams are traveling back to back but I would see the travel and the b2b factor affecting the Sixers moreso than the Pacers. Key to the Pacers winning and covering tonight will be Roy Hibbert and the bench play from Dunleavy. If Hibbert manages to stay out of foul trouble like he has managed to do over the past few games, the Pacers are in very good shape. Going to take the Pacers squad minus the points at home.

Lean on the total: UNDER 206.5

* Minnesota Timberwolves +8 (-110) (1.1 units to win 1 unit)

Minnesota Timberwolves are a very scrappy team that has a habit of managing to stick around in games. Really doesn't matter who the opponent has been lately, they just keep hanging around. I would consider them pesky. The Bucks aren't really anything special lately and look to have a lot of holes in their team as well. The Wolves got Kevin Love back from strep throat last night and are gradually working him back into the starting lineup. I expect him to be in the lineup tonight.

The Wolves had a shot at forcing OT against the Hornets last night until a James Posey layup. Granted David West left the game early, they still managed to show some fight, despite their record. The Bucks fell short against the Raptors last night and did not look impressive at all. Both teams traveling on a back to back situation, but that seems to be the case in most of the games tonight. (Many teams playing on b2b tonight).

Al Jefferson has been an absolute beast and seems to have returned to pre-injury status, or about 90% there. Corey Brewer has been improving his defense (did I just say that?) and Jonny Flynn has been playing much better. While I know the Bucks are pretty strong at the Bradley Center, I simply think the Wolves will hang around in this one and sneak inside the number, I really don't think this Bucks team should be laying 8+ to anyone. Pesky Minnesota Timberpups plus the points on the road.

Lean on the total: UNDER 203

* Utah Jazz TT OVER 108.5 (-110) (1.1 units to win 1 unit)

This Nets team looks like they have completely mailed it in, they are either tanking for John Wall or have completely quit on Kiki Vandeweghe. The body language says it all, they do not even care about how much of a disgrace they are. The Jazz certainly love to get out and run at home, and the Nets got absolutely torched by Anthony Tolliver and Cartier Martin last night, thats not a good sign for the Nets, the Jazz have players that actually deserve to be in the NBA.

I'd be surprised if the Jazz didn't hang 110 on this Nets squad tonight. Going to take my chances with this, I like the way the Jazz are playing basketball lately. I would have played them ATS as well, but I don't like laying 16 points, though I have a feeling they do win this one by 25, won't take the risk. Playing the TT over instead.

Lean on the side: Jazz 1H -9.5

:clover: great luck everyone, no bad beats here

Comments

• calzonesayscalzonesays Senior Member
    edited January 2010
    Thunder +.5 2H 1.1 to win 1
    edited January 2010
    Nuggets -8 2H 1.1 to win 1
  • SwishSwish Senior Member
    edited January 2010
    Cal, Hope you are not watching the Bucks and Timberwolves game. Minn. looks awful and can't hit anything. I did take the Bucks -1 at the half so hopefully that will be a cover. Thanks for the Thunder half time play. LOL
    edited January 2010
    yea they are shooting 38% and missed like 10 Fts and are only losing by 16

twolves are definitely a joke, just didnt think the Bucks were that much better

rough year for them
    edited January 2010
    brian cardinal in, the wolves conceded

hopefully nuggets 2H is a winner and go 3-2
  • cabster13cabster13 Senior Member
    edited January 2010
    Calzone I live in Indy and believe me the Pacer total organization is a mess. I went to the game tonight and Pacers started slow and were really never in this game beyond about 4 to go in Q2.
    edited January 2010
    cabster13 wrote:
    Calzone I live in Indy and believe me the Pacer total organization is a mess. I went to the game tonight and Pacers started slow and were really never in this game beyond about 4 to go in Q2.

Pacers are a tossup to bet sometimes, but the Sixers arent much better...

I agree, its mostly O'Briens fault, guy doesnt know how to manage his rotation, when to play his bench and pulls out his reserves RIGHT when they start to heat up...

on paper and with a real coach they should have beaten this sixers team at home with ease, but with Obrien they have to fight up hill all night long..
  • cabster13cabster13 Senior Member
    edited January 2010
    Agreed