Betting Talk

State of Washington Report (Hoops Edition)

kkirkkkirk Senior Member
edited January 2010 in Sports Betting
2-0 on the Report Thursday as Cal keeps the Cougs from the backdoor cover and Washington wins by 33 over Stanford. Now 5-3 over all On to today...

UW: Huskies host Cal today in what is probably the most important game in the conference this weekend. These two teams were picked 1-2 in the league in pre-season polls and while Cal is 3-1 so far, Dawgs are only 2-3. As I said on Thursday I think Cal is the best team in the league and since they're getting points here, we'll take them in a game I think goes right down to the wire. We'll nod to the fact that the Huskies are very tough at home but we'll also say that one recent blowout win does not erase the team flaws exposed in recent double digit losses to Oregon and the Arizona schools.
Pick: Cal +2 1/2

WSU: Cougs take on Stanford today after Cougs had a fairly close loss to Cal--a pretty good effort in my mind. Stanford is a bad team defensively, as evidenced by the fact that they've given up 80 points or more in half their games this year. Not surprisingly, Stanford is ranked near the bottom of NCAA I teams in field goal percentage allowed and a few other categories as well. I've got the Cougs at about a 10 point win so we'll lay the single digit number and secretly think the Cougs win in a blowout.
PIck: WSU -5 1/2

Good luck all

Comments

• jimmymojimmymo Senior Member
    edited January 2010
    Good luck Kkirk......I am going with the under in both games...Cal's starters logged a ton of minutes against WSU and their bench is short....the UW is clueless against a zone played by a team with athletic talent (i.e., anyone in the Pac but Stanford).....I think Montgomery packs in the zone early to try and keep his guys fresh....a track meet doesn't do them any good.

Stanford is horrible offensively....the currnet number (149) is just too high imo.....75-60 type game.

Good luck today....