Betting Talk

State of Washington Report (Hoops Edition)

kkirkkkirk Senior Member
edited December 2009 in Sports Betting
After a mildy successfull football campaign (18-14 overall) covering the Washington State Cougars, UW Huskies and Seattle Seahawks, the Report is back for Pac-10 basketball season.

Thankfully, the Cougs and Huskies have been pretty competitive the last several years in basketball, and both teams have had very solid preseasons this year and are talking realisitically about the post-season(unlike their football counterparts who have COMBINED for 8 wins the last two seasons, and we won't even mention the Seahawks).

On to today's picks (not much time for analysis)

UW: Oregon State in today, Ducks on Saturday, and both lines will be double digits. Huskies biggest weakness so far has been outside shooting and Montana nearly pulled an upset by basically ignoring the Huskies on the perimeter and clogging up the lane. Oregon State, however, has been disappointing during the preseason losing to some normal cupcakes. Big crowd today at UW for New Year's Eve and I smell a blowout. Dawgs perfect at home this year and should cover this line for a rousing opening conference win.
Pick UW -12 1/2

WSU: Won't be much of a crowd in Pullman today or Saturday as the WSU students make up the largest part of the crowd and they won't be back for classes until Jan. 11, so some of the usual home court advantage for the Cougs is lost. The line is -6 1/2 and I think that's about right, so a tough call here. Cougs only have one inside scoring threat/rebounder, DeAngelo Casto, and all-everything guard Klay Thompson is in a bit of a shooting slump. Cougs should win but Ducks squeek under the number.
Pick: Oregon +6 1/2

Good luck all.

Comments

• GrapeApeGrapeApe Senior Member
    edited December 2009
    Good Stuff as always KKirk!!
    I was going to do one for The State of Michigan, You know the 2 "big" programs there in Michigan and Michigan St....but if you just play against these putz' you will make money.....Plus I didn't do it because it wasn't fair to the other Michigan programs that like to be competitive.....:p

Happy New Year and thanks for these reports!!!!