Betting Talk

NYG

elwayisgodelwayisgod Senior Member
edited December 2009 in Sports Betting
Is this a setup at -8.5? Seems to me they should destroy a green QB like Moore. If you really watched Moore's last game, he got really lucky on some of those throws he made. They could have easily been picks etc.... I'm thinking he gets wakeup call in Meadowlands today but something about 8.5 scares me. Anyone have any insight?

Sam

Comments

• tardevil477tardevil477 Senior Member
    edited December 2009
    just a little nuggett.(ok maybe 2). Matt Moore is 6-0 ATS as a starter and 1 thing he is doing, that jake delhomme hasn't since last season, is get Steve Smith the ball. I believe he had over 150 yds receiving last week and ,i believe, 2 TD's. U don't want to awaken that sleeping Giant(no pun intended). Also big revenge game from last year for the panthers. As u can guess I'm taking the panthers.
  • elwayisgodelwayisgod Senior Member
    edited December 2009
    I agree that Delhomme is horrible and really can't judge Panthers then and now. I just thought this was a setup and there had to be a reason the tricky 8.5 spread. Smith very well could destroy NYG secondary as they are not very good. I guess it's going to come down to pressure. If Giants can sack Moore and rattle him, maybe they can cover. Not sure though.... Appreciate the insight as thats exactly what I'm looking for on this one...

sam
    edited December 2009
    There are no setups. The books are just trying to get even action on both sides. The 8.5 is because 1 we r talking about the giants(big public team) 2. Last home game in Giant stadium before they open the new stadium(goes to motivation) 3. Carolina has there back up qb( who by the way is pretty experienced as back-ups go. he's been with the team almost 4 years. He knows the playbook.) 4. The giants still have wild card implications and the panthers while still mathmatically in it they are all but eliminated from the playoffs. Hope this helps.
    edited December 2009
    I forgot #5. they are coming off a dominating performance against a division rival.