Betting Talk

State of Washington Report

kkirkkkirk Senior Member
edited December 2009 in Sports Betting
Final edition of the Report this week, at least for football season. May be back once the Pac-10 basketball season starts on Dec. 31. 1-1 last week as Cougs can't come up with a score to cover the spread and the Hawks handle St. Louis. 18-12 on the season.

UW: Everyone involved with the program was excited about the UW win in the Apple Cup over WSU last weekend and I suppose it's natural, especially since the Huskies had lost 4 of the previous 5. But this is still a bad team, with a weak defense. Cougs were down to the 4th string QB during the contest and let's admit that even their 1st string guy (who didn't play) wouldn't start for very many teams at the BCS level. Huskies have 4 wins, two flukes in my view (against USC and Arizona) and two against cupcakes (WSU, Idaho). Cal comes into Seattle today and even though Best is out, I still expect the Bears to put up some big offensive numbers and win comfortably. It's back to reality today for the Dawgs.
Pick: Cal -7

Seahawks: Hawks got handled by SF first time around and I don't see anything in the matchup that makes me change my mind. Hawk fans breathed a sigh of relief with a win over a terrible, terrible Rams team, AND the Hawks fired their GM (actually he resigned before they could fire him), something many fans were calling for. Hawks 4 wins are against St. Louis (twice) Jacksonville and Detroit, none of which are very good, to understate the point. SF offense clicking lately and we'll look for them to get their first road win in 5 games.
Pick: SF +1

Good luck all and see you in a few weeks!