Betting Talk

State of Washington Report

kkirkkkirk Senior Member
edited November 2009 in Sports Betting
Back from the Hawaiian Islands and ready to prognositcate despite the 45 degree shift in temps :)
2-0 last week as Cougs and Hawks both go down hard. Now 17-11 on the year.

UW/WSU: Cougs and Huskies face off today in the annual Apple Cup game, though people around here are beginning to refer to it as the Crapple Cup, since neither team has been over .500 since '03 and the game hasn't meant anything to either team, except for pride/bragging rights, since then either. Cougs have won 3 out of last 4, including last year in double OT.
The key today seems to be whether the Coug offense can score some points to stay within the 24 1/2 pt. spread. They've barely cracked double digits for the last several weeks and their defense is on the field all the time. Cougs are depleted up front defensively and will go with a 3-4 today (they had to switch to it mid-game last week) for lack of bodies there. Huskies come off a bye week and have healed up some but they still have a terrible defense and the one piece of good news for the Cougs is that they have all 5 offensive lineman back today who were penciled in as starters at the beginning of the season (that hasn't happened since Week 2). The Huskies are 3-7 but could easily be 1-9 as wins over USC and Arizona were flukes, meaning their only handy win was against Idaho, and yet their favored by 3 1/2 touchdowns? I'm going to take the points here with the idea that the Cougs can score 20 and hold UW to about 40 to get the cover.
Pick: WSU +24 1/2

Seahawks: Hawks aren't good but they've been able to beat the really bad teams in the NFL for their three wins and Sunday they travel to St. Louis to take on the 1-9 Rams. I'm going to take the Hawks on that angle (and the fact that they continue to get guys back from injury) but I realize I'm going against the fact they play really bad on the road, especially when they have to travel two or more time zones, as they do today. But Bulger is out for the Rams and Hawks have had the Rams number the last few seasons and we'll go with that.
Pick: Seahawks -4

Good luck all.

PS--Next week will be the final week for the Report for the football season, as WSU completes its season today (mercifully) and the Huskies finish at home against Cal next week. I may be back during the Pac-10 basketball for Coug/Husky updates, but the league schedule doesn't begin until Dec. 31. Thankfully, both teams are WAY better at basketball than football, at least the last few years.

Comments

• odiecabodiecab Senior Member
    edited November 2009
    Thanks, I have enjoyed the report this season.