Betting Talk

I Hope they offer Charlie an Extension

IHMWFIHMWF Senior Member
edited November 2009 in Sports Betting
...so he can endure more abuse. It is not a coincidence that the last three coaches have roughly the same winning %. They do not have elite talent. I love it .

Comments

• HowardBealHowardBeal Senior Member
    edited November 2009
    I really wanted to hear JImmy give a "coach goes, I go" speech like Jimmy Chitwood in Hoosiers...
  • GrapeApeGrapeApe Senior Member
    edited November 2009
    Exactly,...this isn't your Dads or Grandads Notre Dame.....Younger kids don't care about Notre Dame....Talent won't go there....

I LOVE IT TOO....This town I live in is soo ND Its sick...When they win Its front page news...I love not seeing it...when they lose it is a small little article stuck on the back pages of the sports section with the ads.....LMAO

Fat ass Charlie....Did you see how fat he has gotten since he got there? Holy Shit........
  • calzonesayscalzonesays Senior Member
    edited November 2009
    they shoulda put some more incentive bonuses in his contract to get him to coach better

If ranked in the top 15 at the end of the season, you recieve 10,000 twinkees
    If you win 2 bowl games, you recieve 10,000 cheeseburgers
  • jcirishjcirish Senior Member
    edited November 2009
    go ahead and bash them if you want but at least do it with facts. their coaching sucks, their talent doesn't. this nd team has more 4 and 5 star recruits than last years florida team. and if you don't believe that, check out this link...

http://www.ndnation.com/blog/2009/11/on-job-training-is-over.html

i find it funny how much people hate the school but if you are going to bash, at least do it with some correct info...
  • jrphatsjrphats Senior Member
    edited November 2009
    jcirish wrote:
    go ahead and bash them if you want but at least do it with facts. their coaching sucks, their talent doesn't. this nd team has more 4 and 5 star recruits than last years florida team. and if you don't believe that, check out this link...

http://www.ndnation.com/blog/2009/11/on-job-training-is-over.html

i find it funny how much people hate the school but if you are going to bash, at least do it with some correct info...

I dont care what they rated when recruited, if the coach cant develop that player and make him better then its a poor coaching job and an overrated recruit. After its all done and over with let me know how many of those 4 & 5 * recruits go on to the NFL. GL
    edited November 2009
    thanks for proving my point - it is poor coaching. weis can only develop qb's. as for the nfl talk - they will likely have 3 first round picks this year in Claussen, Tate and Young. a lot of their other players will go on to the nfl and contribute. plenty to bash with this team- coaching, lack of experience and depth at defensive line, bad defensive schemes, horrible special teams, underachieving offense line. Talent isn't on that list. go ahead and bash but know what your talking about first...
  • IHMWFIHMWF Senior Member
    edited November 2009
    You got it jrphats. Alot has been written about the accuracy of recruiting services. The bottom line is these kids do not produce.How many ND defensive guys do you see making a impact on the next level?

If you believe coaching is going to make a difference then we will see again? Because I thought Charlie was the ANSWER. ND even gave him an extension. It seems like ND is getting worse. They DO NOT have the same talent as the top programs in the country. Regadrless of what the recruiting services state.
    Do you not watch TV? Does ND pass the eye test?
  • HowardBealHowardBeal Senior Member
    edited November 2009
    jcirish wrote:
    - they will likely have 3 first round picks this year in Claussen, Tate and Young.

are their 130 picks in the first round this year?
    edited November 2009
    I love it.... again another paper reader....just because they WERE ranked does not mean they automatically produce.....they are busts....coaching or not, If you have great talent you should be better than what ND is.
    Also, ND couldn't compete against Florida.........so what does that tell you?
  • IHMWFIHMWF Senior Member
    edited November 2009
    Grapeape you are from Erie, PA? I was born and raised in Ashtabula, OH ( I was an Ashtabula Panther) it is now Lakeside. Coincidently, Urban Meyer is fron Ashtabula ( He went to St John's).
    I do not think he will touch that ND program.
    edited November 2009
    when Howard Beal or IHMWF come out with their recruiting service rating, we can use that as the gauge on how much talent appears on the college campuses that we all follow. until that happens, we have to make due with the tools available and that is the existing services. there is a learning curve for EVERY high school athlete when they get to the college ranks. It's up to the coaches to develop and maximize that talent and implement a scheme that fits. all of that is very suspect to non-existant at ND. NOT the incoming talent.
    edited November 2009
    IHMWF wrote:
    Grapeape you are from Erie, PA? I was born and raised in Ashtabula, OH ( I was an Ashtabula Panther) it is now Lakeside. Coincidently, Urban Meyer is fron Ashtabula ( He went to St John's).
    I do not think he will touch that ND program.

Ya buddy. born and raised here....Living in Girard...not OH, Pa...lol since both are close... Funny about Urban I know that...Kobe played here in the McDonalds classic....Then end up playing in the state finals against Cathedral Prep here...held him under his avg. but his team still won (i think by 4) Great game...Down in Hershey Pa....

Urban goes to ND if he wants to commit suicide...