Betting Talk

UFC Downfall?

IHMWFIHMWF Senior Member
edited November 2009 in Sports Betting
All I hear from MMA fans is how it has taken over boxing.Here are some disturbing facts. Brock Lesnar illness is being held back. He could be out for his career. The supposedly knock on boxing was they don't make the BIG fight happen. Why has Fedor not fought Lesnar? This should've happen by now.

Also, why are the top guys in MMA making so little money in comparison to boxing. I think Lesnar made 400K for his last fight .Not bad coin, but Mayweather paid a 600k fine for being 2lbs over weight against Marquez. Mayweather made 10M for his last fight. Pac made 12M for his beatdown of Cotto. How come MMA top fighters do not make this kind of money.

Also when a top Boxing event happens there is no mention of MMA. I did not realize there was a UFC fight this weekend. Everyone was talking PAC vs Cotto. Do you think the best of MMA could match a Mayweather vs PAC contest? Both guys stand to make an estimated 40 million each. Also these guys are little guys. Brock's thighs weigh more than each of these boxers.

Where is the money MMA?

Comments

• The GoatThe Goat Senior Member
    edited November 2009
    where did you hear that brock's illness was career threatening?

give it time, mma is still young

and fedor as not fought lesnar because lesnar is ufc, fedor is strikeforce
  • IHMWFIHMWF Senior Member
    edited November 2009
    My point exactly. Dana White had many opprotunities to sign Fedor. He is gulity of the same greediness that he accuses boxing promoters of. How can you let Fedor get away? Even still, regardless of what league Fedor is in just make the fight happen.
    I heard Brock's illness was career threatening on LV ESPN radio.Also, on ESPN's website Dana White decribes Brock's illness as very serious. I understand he went to Canada and got Mono.Whether that is life threatening or not is arguable.
  • hornhorn Super Moderator
    edited November 2009
    Lesnar is in really bad shape.
  • Gator101Gator101 Banned
    edited November 2009
    IHMWF wrote:
    My point exactly. Dana White had many opprotunities to sign Fedor. He is gulity of the same greediness that he accuses boxing promoters of. How can you let Fedor get away? Even still, regardless of what league Fedor is in just make the fight happen.
    I heard Brock's illness was career threatening on LV ESPN radio.Also, on ESPN's website Dana White decribes Brock's illness as very serious. I understand he went to Canada and got Mono.Whether that is life threatening or not is arguable.

No dana white had no chance of getting fedor too the ufc, and he would be stupid if he did. His permoters wanted half of the profits from the fight and i think 50% after that. Why would Dana even think about giving up 50% of his profit? I know i wouldn't and that is why fedor is not in the ufc yet.. Once strikeforce folds and turns for the worse, you will see them come back and get him back in the ufc.

Another thing i seen it all over t.v. you must not have dtv? It has been on that all week, and if you were watching untimate fighter you would of seen it on there as well, last week was a free showing on spike tv, next week it will be on Pay per view, and then you will see it plaster over all the stations.

Boxing sucks JMO and i wouldnt pay a dime to watch it. Back in the good old days with tyson, roy jones jr, hollyfied ETC that is when it was worth watching now it sucks IMO
  • HowardBealHowardBeal Senior Member
    edited November 2009
    the UFC unfortunately will be fine because it is all smoke and mirrors....it is marketing and what a dumbed down public will fall for.......

let's not act like dana white can't find another washed out WWE scrub who couldnt cut it in the NFL and has an amazing 4-1 record to be his next "superstar".........