Betting Talk

State of Washington Report

kkirkkkirk Senior Member
edited November 2009 in Sports Betting
1-2 on the Report last week as WSU can't get under the 32, UCLA wins but doesn't cover, and Hawks overcome a 17 pt deficit to cover by the hook against Detroit (and it took a pick 6 in the dying minutes to get the cover :) ) 12-11 on the year

Gonna go with the favorites this week:

UW: Game starts in 1/2 an hour so real quick here. The glow of beating USC and all the talk of the Huskies being "back" are dead. They stink on defense and most teams move the ball at will against them. Oregon St. has all kinds of weapons and they'll put up in the neighborhood of 500 yards today. Huskies haven't won since 2007 on the road and talk around the program is focused on next year (not outwordly, but it doesn't take too much reading between the lines).
Pick: Oregon St. -13 1/2

WSU: Finally a smaller line and what I think's a good spot for UCLA. Pullman used to be a tough place to play but barely 20,000 are showing up for games anymore (yours truly still has season tickets but I haven't been to a game since '07--just too painful to watch), and even Dad's Day won't help much. USLA has struggled on offense but will get healthy today and Cougs have little chance to score, as long as UCLA doesn't turn the ball over. Bruins need this one to get 6 wins and I think it'll be a blowout (as most Coug games are, but this time the spread will be more easily covered).
Pick: UCLA -17 1/2

Seahawks: More offensive linemen back for the Hawks, finally, so that should help. Trouble is, Arizona is a really bad matchup for the Hawks. Those big receivers give the smallish secondary of the Hawks a tough time, and the Hawks haven't had a decent pass rush since I don't know when. Warner gets lots of time and has a big day on Sunday. The Hawks also fit nicely on Sunday into a angle I like in the NFL, play against a losing team on the road after a home win the week before.
Pick: Arizona -8 1/2

Good luck all!