Betting Talk

Dr Bob

wborder900wborder900 Senior Member
edited October 2009 in Sports Betting
Does anyone actually play his picks on a regular basis? I saw the old E60 episode and wondered if hes that popular or mostly hype

Comments

• hotbustophotbustop Senior Member
    edited October 2009
    He is the real deal.
  • wborder900wborder900 Senior Member
    edited October 2009
    Hotbus; do you play his plays consistently? If you do I assume it has been profitable?
    edited October 2009
    Yes and Yes. Long term investment is what he has on his side. He has been a proven winner over a long time in college and pro hoops and college and pro football.

Well worth the investment and you can get the plays in before the lines go crazy.
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited October 2009
    He is/was legit, recent results have not been as good as his past results, however.

He also has some "interesting" suggestions regarding what lines to play (i.e. he may know how to cap, but his betting advice is horrible).
    edited October 2009
    Just an FYI, I noticed his weekend card posted on the service page and it is missing his strong opinion tonight on Pitt.

Yeah I don't know about his advice but his long term numbers speak for themselves. he is a proven winner.
    I only know one other handicapper that I'd put before him.
  • FrankOBeansFrankOBeans Senior Member
    edited October 2009
    hotbustop wrote:
    I only know one other handicapper that I'd put before him.

Which is?
  • homerplayerhomerplayer Senior Member
    edited October 2009
    hotbustop wrote:
    Yeah I don't know about his advice but his long term numbers speak for themselves. he is a proven winner.

i'm just sayin...

<TABLE border=2 cellSpacing=0 width=144><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD height=15>1999-00</TD><TD>+162.6%</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD height=15>2000-01</TD><TD>+140.2%</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD height=15>2001-02</TD><TD>+165.2%</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD height=15>2002-03</TD><TD>-49.7%</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD height=15>2003-04</TD><TD>+62.9%</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD height=15>2004-05</TD><TD>+81.6%</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD height=15>2005-06</TD><TD>+210.7%</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD height=15>2006-07</TD><TD>-1.1%</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD height=15>2007-08</TD><TD>-77.4%</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD height=15>2008-09</TD><TD>+34.8%</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD height=15>Average</TD><TD>+73.0%</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

if that table doesn't paste i will be upset. i mean obviously solid, but two consecutive losing seasons? and nowhere near his early success? did books get a hold of his stuff and do a little reverse engineering to alter their lines?
  • DoubleNickelDoubleNickel Senior Member
    edited October 2009
    what is the bad advice he gives?
  • RiskyRisky Member
    edited October 2009
    I agree Homer- something has changed. He is an outstanding person and I was a client from 1997 to 2005 for football and hoops but the line moves with my schedule just drove me crazy. Is he legit compared to 90% of these guys? Yes.
  • WinoWino Senior Member
    edited October 2009
    Good in CFB...shit the bed last week though.
    edited October 2009
    Yeah he had a bad week in CFB because of the last second WVirg TD (by Colorado) and then another late collapse by WF.
    But it cracks me up to hear about oh he had a bad week or he shit the bed last week. People don't get it. LONG TERM INVESTMENTS.
    As I state I only know of one other capper that I can flat point to as being better than Bob.
    edited October 2009
    And that is Barry Grubb who owns and runs linecrusher sports, he is the best I have ever seen.
  • RightAngleRightAngle Admin
    edited October 2009
    Dr Bob has one of the best track records of any paid handicapper out there. I have much respect for his accomplishments.
    edited October 2009
    hotbustop wrote:
    And that is Barry Grubb who owns and runs linecrusher sports, he is the best I have ever seen.

Tell us more about Linecrusher, I am not aware of their work. Are they documented anywhere? Thanks.
  • amalfiagencyamalfiagency Senior Member
    edited October 2009
    As do I. Honest handicapper much like Edward...
  • DaJuiceDaJuice Banned
    edited October 2009
    ITS ONLY 295 FOR ALL SPORTS ALL YEAR
    Football through Monday, October 12th
    Football overall: 69-57 +11.4 units
    5 winning weeks, 4 losing weeks (includes 4 weeks of pre-season football)
    Note: for monitoring/results purposes our week starts Tuesday and ends Monday (plays are graded 3, 4 and 5 units).

2008-2009 combined football and basketball record
    Football/basketball overall: 429-356 +136.0 units
    30 winning weeks, 15 losing weeks (includes 4 weeks of pre-season football)
    Note: for monitoring/results purposes our week starts Tuesday and ends Monday (plays are graded 3, 4 and 5 units).

Final 2008-2009 Football Record
    Football overall: 115-90 +65.4 units
    16 winning weeks, 9 losing weeks (includes 4 weeks of pre-season football)

Final 2008-2009 Basketball Record
    Basketball overall: 314-266 +70.6 units
    21 winning weeks, 12 losing weeks
    edited October 2009
    I will add that if Ed keeps it going with his stuff i'll throw him right up there with those 2 guys.

Ed,

Barry Grubb is a guy out of Florida who claims to have invented the handicapping game (sort of jokes but gives that sense he is very serious about those comments). Says to be connected to Bill Walters and the famed computer group.
    Anyway all I can say is that his plays for the last decade have absolutely kicked ass. And the wierd thing is I am not sure that many people use him. I know he has run roughshod over many forums about posting his plays so you very rarely if ever see them posted for free.

I would say unequivicoally (I know I spelled that wrong) he dominates in basketball like no one I have ever seen. No totals, just side plays and he is brilliant. Totally knows the psychological aspect to the games and had all the angles mapped out. really can't say enough good things about his handicappping.
    he can be very tempermental at times and had banned people from his picks for life. And i know that he has had it out with some well known forums who no longer allow ANYONE to post any of his plays.
    edited October 2009
    Hey Hot -

you've used this guy for a long time now?

if so, first thing i noticed was plays graded 3, 4 or 5 units. so +136 would be more like what?

also, just going straight -110 on his posted record, i got +16 Units in Foots and +21.4 Units in Hoops. that is reducing all plays to 1 unit and flat wagering. so, while +37 Units is real nice, is it more than that or less?

does he mostly use 4 unit plays? would be a lot more easy if he had a record to break down his winning% between 3, 4 and 5 unit plays....

but even if you are just talking 37 Units at $100 a unit, $295 seems like a good deal
    edited October 2009
    Do the lines move quickly off his releases? Does he get good closing line value?
  • Focused1Focused1 Banned
    edited October 2009
    All I can tell you is just about every week the lines move against his picks so when you do get them you had better bet the games then because if he releases a game lets say -7 by the time you bet it you will probably be up against 7.5 to 8. He has been a little cold lately but he is one of the best!
  • DaJuiceDaJuice Banned
    edited October 2009
    hey Hot, Are Any Of Your B . T . Posted Plays His?? ::nudge:: ::nudge::
    edited October 2009
    RightAngle wrote:
    Do the lines move quickly off his releases? Does he get good closing line value?

The above question was in regard to Linecrusher. I know Dr Bob is yes for both.
    edited October 2009
    Linecrusher is not to my knowledge moving lines. In answering the unit question, no when he is up +136 units that means if you are a $100 better it is 136 X $100. He is that good.

And yes I have posted plays of his on this board under my name but they are plays that I like as well. There is no doubt I have learned more from him than any other capper and love to handicap prior to him posting his plays to see if I am thinking like the master himself.

I have been on this board for a long time and I don't bullshit. He is really very good.
    edited October 2009
    Interesting that he does not move lines. That is usually the tell tale sign if someone is the "real deal" or not. Also, +136 units when using a 3-4-5 rating system means more like the +37 units that Homerplayer suggested, which is still excellent.
    edited October 2009
    Never the math man but if he goes say 2-00 on 4* and loses 5star he counts himself as +2.5units which if you are a hundre dollar bettor is +250. isn't that what I said above?
    edited October 2009
    Yes that is what you said, but you wouldn't be betting $100 per game, you would be betting $400 and $500 a game.
    edited October 2009
    Yeah that's what I meant, sorry.
    edited October 2009
    wow, a miracle cover from an 0-4 start

nice

just F-ing around. two losing weeks does not a season make

GL Bobby M.D.