Betting Talk

State of Washington Report

kkirkkkirk Senior Member
edited September 2009 in Sports Betting
Back for another season of following the three pro/college teams in Washington state (Seahawks, WSU Cougars, UW Huskies).

Tough '08 for the state of Washington, as all three teams went a combined 6-43. The only win among WSU and UW, not counting the WSU victory in the head-to-head matchup, was WSU's win over Division I-AA Portland State. It got hard to handicap those games because the lines were so huge. On to '09 (quick write up tonight, heading out).

WSU--Cougs play Hawaii in their annual game in Seattle. Cougs "only' lost by 14 in meeting last November and have improved over last year. Hawaii struggled to beat I-AA team and the Cougs are getting points in this one. There are only two truly winnable games on the Cougs schedule, this one and next week against SMU in Pullman. Should provide extra motivation.
Pick: WSU +2.5

UW--Also is much improved and QB Jake Locker is back after missing all but 4 games last year. Team and Locker looked decent against LSU and the program is desparate for its first win since November of '07. They play Idaho at home Saturday, a team they haven't lost to since 1905. This game will be a catharsis for the team, getting out all the demons from the 15 game winless streak and with USC on the horizon next week followed by Stanford and Notre Dame, this might be Dawgs last chance for a win until next month.
Pick: UW -20.5

Seahawks--Lots of optimism from fans up here, chalking last year's 4-12 record to injuries. No doubt that was a factor but I think it was deeper than that. Hawks are still beat up, as the O-line is still injury-riddled and there are injuries on the defenseive side as well, particularly in the defensive backfield. I'll take the points here.
Pick: St. Louis +7 1/2

Good luck

Comments

• hornhorn Super Moderator
    edited September 2009
    kkirk wrote:
    Back for another season of following the three pro/college teams in Washington state (Seahawks, WSU Cougars, UW Huskies).

Tough '08 for the state of Washington, as all three teams went a combined 6-43. The only win among WSU and UW, not counting the WSU victory in the head-to-head matchup, was WSU's win over Division I-AA Portland State. It got hard to handicap those games because the lines were so huge. On to '09 (quick write up tonight, heading out).

WSU--Cougs play Hawaii in their annual game in Seattle. Cougs "only' lost by 14 in meeting last November and have improved over last year. Hawaii struggled to beat I-AA team and the Cougs are getting points in this one. There are only two truly winnable games on the Cougs schedule, this one and next week against SMU in Pullman. Should provide extra motivation.
    Pick: WSU +2.5

UW--Also is much improved and QB Jake Locker is back after missing all but 4 games last year. Team and Locker looked decent against LSU and the program is desparate for its first win since November of '07. They play Idaho at home Saturday, a team they haven't lost to since 1905. This game will be a catharsis for the team, getting out all the demons from the 15 game winless streak and with USC on the horizon next week followed by Stanford and Notre Dame, this might be Dawgs last chance for a win until next month.
    Pick: UW -20.5

Seahawks--Lots of optimism from fans up here, chalking last year's 4-12 record to injuries. No doubt that was a factor but I think it was deeper than that. Hawks are still beat up, as the O-line is still injury-riddled and there are injuries on the defenseive side as well, particularly in the defensive backfield. I'll take the points here.
    Pick: St. Louis +7 1/2

Good luck

One of my favorite weekly threads. Nice to see you around again and I am on the Cougs as well. GL