Betting Talk

SunBelter...

UMcanes3UMcanes3 Senior Member
edited September 2009 in Sports Betting
Any opinion on FIU getting 34 @ 'Bama?

I think Mario's got this program on the move and they should keep it with 4 TD's...

Comments

• hornhorn Super Moderator
    edited September 2009
    Not SB, but I follow Bama pretty closely and I almost played FIU+34. GL
  • UMcanes3UMcanes3 Senior Member
    edited September 2009
    Thanks, I don't see "Bama trying to run the score up and score 50 pts. If FIU gets 2 TD's, I think they will, easy cover.
  • RightAngleRightAngle Admin
    edited September 2009
    I think everyone will agree that if FIU gets two touchdowns they will cover. That is an awfully big "if" though.
  • Big DogBig Dog Banned
    edited September 2009
    Might want to check the status of the Bama players because a couple have the flu and have not not checked the status today.
    edited September 2009
    The one thing that usually works in big dogs favors in this situation may not work so well in this game. Bama has had such an recent influx of young talent and they will certainly be giving 100% when they get their shot in the second half. I think if FIU gets 10, they should have a legitimate shot to cover. The yardage will need to come through the air to Ty Hilton (I believe) as FIU has little to no chance of moving the ball on the gorund, even against Bama's reserves. The 2 Deep on Bama's DL has an NFL calibur player at every position and the LB's are the same way. The real question will be in the secondary. I think that's the one area where Bama needs more help in the future and have recruited accordingly last year and for the 2010 class. Bama is one of the worst home favorites in the nation this past decade, at 19-31 ATS. I don't expect the hangover to be as bad post-VT as it was post-clemson where it took 2 special teams TD's to beat Tulane 20-6. There is no way in the world I would ever consider laying this number with Bama and I think FIU is the winning ticket in thsi situation - more often than not.
    edited September 2009
    just wanted to clarify. "Big Dog" posted as I was typing and I refernced big dogs in the opening line. By big dog I mean +XX underdogs and not "Big Dog" the poster, lol
  • SunBelterSunBelter Senior Member
    edited September 2009
    I came very close to pulling the trigger on FIU +34. But the fear of them being shutout, or held to a FG scared me to bad. I am playing the under in this one. I see something in the range of 35-3.