Betting Talk

Here's a Thought...

LitlproLitlpro Senior Member
edited November 2005 in Sports Betting
<P>for you guys that think that pro sports are rigged, Why the hell do you bet on them??</P>
<P>Absolutely stupid that you think that a whole team can be in on a fix. I can believe that some of the college games are rigged because the college guys can get in trouble gambling on their own in college. But pro sports?  You have got to be crazy!! I suppose that you guys think that Donavan threw the game on Monday night? Wow, that is stupid!</P>
<P>As for Monday and Sunday night football... you are right that whatever the announcers say (especially Theisman) before the game, you should do the opposite. Did you just figure that out?</P>
<P>IF YOU THINK THAT SPORTS ARE RIGGED...STOP GAMBLING NOW!</P>
<P> </P>
<P> </P>

Comments

• LitlproLitlpro Senior Member
    edited November 2005
    <P>for you guys that think that pro sports are rigged, Why the hell do you bet on them??</P>
    <P>Absolutely stupid that you think that a whole team can be in on a fix. I can believe that some of the college games are rigged because the college guys can get in trouble gambling on their own in college. But pro sports?  You have got to be crazy!! I suppose that you guys think that Donavan threw the game on Monday night? Wow, that is stupid!</P>
    <P>As for Monday and Sunday night football... you are right that whatever the announcers say (especially Theisman) before the game, you should do the opposite. Did you just figure that out?</P>
    <P>IF YOU THINK THAT SPORTS ARE RIGGED...STOP GAMBLING NOW!</P>
    <P> </P>
    <P> </P>
  • SweetnessSweetness Senior Member
    edited November 2005
    <P>Because we ( the ones who think games from time to time have been set up) means we shouldn't bet on sports? HUH? Not happening, i've been on the other side of the fence before, getting the W. Tonight was obvious, maybe not for YOU.DID you watch? COach is yelling foul foul and the two goons closest to the ballhandler stand there? SOme believe some don't so don't tell me i shouldn't gamble on sports</P>
  • doggie29doggie29 Senior Member
    edited November 2005
    <P>if they were rigged.  You still have got a 50-50 chance of picking the right side.</P>
    <P>You know what i find amazing about people like you is the fact that you believe no way would a pro athlete be in on fixed game, that just amazes. Do you honestly believe that athletes make so much money that they wouldnt do this or do you believe athletes are saints or something?</P>
    <P>Money + humans = greed, so stop thinking athletes are any differnt.</P>
    <P>also remember athletes have lots of friends and family that hang with the players, they need to be able to make some easy cast, what better way to get that cash for friends and family then thru a bet here or there.</P>
    <P>Also speaking about humans and greed, just look at wallstreet, where people are making millions and billions of dollars, yet these same people would risk it all to make more money illegally.</P>
    <P>so please get off the athletes would never do such a thing.</P>
    <P>I personally believe there is way to much involved in sports now for it not to be controlled to some degree, with out comes decided.  Will this make me stop betting, nope cause i still got a 50-50 chance.</P>
    <P>As far as the philly game, wouldnt surprise me one bit, if reid, mcnabb and the philly owner will all in on that fix on monday.  But you know what, nobody will ever be able to prove it.</P>
    <P>Were all humans and there is never enough money in this world, we all want every last dime we can get are hands on.</P>
  • AcesHighAcesHigh Senior Member
    edited November 2005
    <P>I don't think the MNF game was fixed. Coaches and players have too much pride to hand the other team a victory. The backlash in Philly is huge and it wouldn't be worth it. </P>
    <P>But games like tonight in SA when a team doesn't foul down 6 with 17 seconds left really makes you wonder. The game is basically decided but Houston is still scrambling to make a 3 pointer and when they hit it (and covered the spread) they give up? And the coach is screaming for them to foul? It looked very odd. </P>
    edited November 2005
    <P>of dollars is way more important then listening to the fans crying for a few days.  They will get over it and be right back their cheering their boys on, its human nature.</P>
    <P>Also about pride, forgot about it my friend the dead presidents are more powerful then pride.</P>
    <P>Like am sure you wouldnt stand naked at city hall and have people throw pies at you for a 100k because of your pride, yeah right.</P>
    <P>You know when people start realizing that athletes are just people like us, then they might finally get it.</P>
    <P>That egales ending was so darn scripted out, hollywood couldnt have done it better.  Because if wasnt fixed, then the owner should have fired reid on the spot for ruining his teams chances at the playoffs.  </P>
  • LitlproLitlpro Senior Member
    edited November 2005
    "You know what i find amazing about people like you is the fact that you believe no way would a pro athlete be in on fixed game, that just amazes. Do you honestly believe that athletes make so much money that they wouldnt do this or do you believe athletes are saints or something?" If somebody doesn't throw a game does that make them a saint. I'm just being logical here. How much do you think these guys make on the side? 5,000 here, 10,000 there... Do you think that kind of money matters at all to a guy like Tim Duncan? I think that you guys are just looking for excuses for lost wagers. To compare athletes to crooks on Wall Street is kind of a stretch.. athletes live off the thrill of competing...guys on Wall Street are all about the money, therefore they will do anything to get it. I have plenty of losing bets every week, but I can accept them and move on. Analyze the play after and that's how you learn. Honestly, if you guys think that so many games are fixed, find a way to get in on it. glta lp
    edited November 2005
    she risked her whole billion dollar empire to make around 100k. Its human nature and greed. Maybe its not for you, but for 95 percent of the people in this world it is. Look at shaq, he still plays scratch off lottery tickets, why does he really need to win another 10k. Again human nature and always wanting more.
  • SticWitItSticWitIt Member
    edited November 2005
    Dude show some consistency please.  What a clown.  Are sports rigged or not?  So sports cant be rigged but an athlete can be?  No shit?  Vice versa too.  Share that crap somewhere else genius!