Betting Talk

The State of Washington Report

kkirkkkirk Senior Member
edited November 2008 in Sports Betting
BIG DOINGS in the state of Washington this week as the 2 worst teams in D-I college football square off in the Apple Cup Sponsored by Boeing (that's right, Boeing now has its name attached to this debacle). People up here in the Upper Left Coast are calling it the Crapple Cup this year.
Having watched both teams pretty closely this year, this one is obvious to me. The Huskies will get their first win of the year and easily cover the 7. There are a few senerios where I can see the Cougs winning, perhaps just covering, but I'd be very surprised (and happily surprised, I might add--WSU class of '88 and season ticket holder here).
Pick-- Huskies -7 (though I'll be rooting to lose this one).

The Hawks... The season is over, last week's loss to Arizona just about mathematically eliminating them from the NFC West race. The Hawks had a chance in last week's game but a late Hasselbeck pick killed a potential winning drive and the season along with it. Hasselbeck looked terrible, by the way (3 picks, all told), and I don't expect him to improve. In fact, his doctor told him he should shut it down for the rest of the year but he didn't want to (he's got a bulging disc in his back), and he played. He's missed time this week at practice, as well. At this point, he'd be better off shutting it down, looking to rehab and get ready for next year. Arizona looked far superior last week and only some dumb mistakes on their part kept the Hawks in it. Washington needs this game for more than the Hawks do, and the players left from the '05 loss in the playoffs can get thier revenge on Sunday.
Pick --Washington -3 1/2

Last week: No picks
Overall: 11-12