edited November 2008 in Sports Betting
followed by a strong closing on Friday.

Comments

• robbierobnjrobbierobnj Senior Member
    edited November 2008
    not so sure about either of those statements ! it's always sell the news
  • Wire2WireWire2Wire Senior Member
    edited November 2008
    Probably a lower openning...could carry over to THURSDAY...economic data due to be released is still bad...you are right saying...BUY ON THE RUMOR...SELL ON THE NEWS...w2w
  • tnhndecappertnhndecapper Senior Member
    edited November 2008
    i would wait until 3-09..to buy any stock....

the last time i owned stock is when Clinton was in office......i made 30% in 2 years....

I'm glad i cashed it when i did......i would probably be in the hole after the past 8 years....
  • ProduceProduce Banned
    edited November 2008

the last time i owned stock is when Clinton was in office......i made 30% in 2 years....

I'm glad i cashed it when i did......i would probably be in the hole after the past 8 years....

The market hit record highs in the last 8 years, so you probably cashed out at the wrong time
  • turksureturksure Senior Member
    edited November 2008
    Wed 6:36am ET<CITE>- Briefing.com</CITE>
    S&P futures vs fair value: -13.40. Nasdaq futures vs fair value: -14.80. ...
  • ProduceProduce Banned
    edited November 2008
    Europe down 2.3%
  • ProduceProduce Banned
    edited November 2008
    Market opened down 150 points.

Obviously with our current market we could make this up in the next hour though
  • BookiefitsBookiefits Senior Member
    edited November 2008

I would put everything you own in the market..RIGHT NOW..

With Obama coming in office and another expected Internet and Tech boom scheduled, you should get 30% again while Obama is in office.
  • homerplayerhomerplayer Senior Member
    edited November 2008
    Produce wrote:
    Europe down 2.3%

yeah, but the AP said that was just profit-taking and if the AP said it, it must be true
    edited November 2008
    Bookiefits wrote:
    I would put everything you own in the market..RIGHT NOW..

With Obama coming in office and another expected Internet and Tech boom scheduled, you should get 30% again while Obama is in office.

i am the only one recognizing the market will go up soon?

anyone else find the timing of the 'thawing' of credit markets extremely beneficially to certain people that can then claim certain successes when certain someone had little to with it?
  • ProduceProduce Banned
    edited November 2008
    Down 200 as of noon, going to need a rally.....
  • AAASportsAAASports Banned
    edited November 2008
    Profit taking as expected today and another poor employment report...Probably see some upward movement late today. Declining volume still over 2-1 right now..
  • metagear89metagear89 Senior Member
    edited November 2008
    still droping. a late rally is probably not happening. still love friday and next week
  • robbierobnjrobbierobnj Senior Member
    edited November 2008
    i wonder where cap gains is gonna go in the future
    edited November 2008
    D'OH

Dow Jones Industrial Average

(DJI: ^DJI)
    <TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD class=yfnc_tablehead1 width="48%">Index Value:</TD><TD class=yfnc_tabledata1><BIG>8,781.73</BIG></TD></TR><TR><TD class=yfnc_tablehead1 width="48%">Trade Time:</TD><TD class=yfnc_tabledata1>12:34PM ET</TD></TR><TR><TD class=yfnc_tablehead1 width="48%">Change:</TD><TD class=yfnc_tabledata1>down_r.gif 357.54 (3.91%)</TD></TR><TR><TD class=yfnc_tablehead1 width="48%">Prev Close:</TD><TD class=yfnc_tabledata1>9,139.27</TD></TR><TR><TD class=yfnc_tablehead1 width="48%">Open:</TD><TD class=yfnc_tabledata1>9,134.01</TD></TR><TR><TD class=yfnc_tablehead1 width="48%">Day's Range:</TD><TD class=yfnc_tabledata1>8760.46 - 9155.44</TD></TR><TR class=end><TD class=yfnc_tablehead1 width="48%">52wk Range:</TD><TD class=yfnc_tabledata1>7,773.71 - 13,850.90</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

unless a huge rally late comes today, about 8% in two days is not good.
  • ProduceProduce Banned
    edited November 2008
    It has nothing to do with Hussein......
    edited November 2008
    nope, nothing to do with him

has a lot to do with a promised raise in

mariginal tax rates

capital gains tax

corporate taxes

a propoed increase in energy taxes

and the government debating whether or not to take over everyone's 401K...but they would promise a 3% yearly return and since the market historically only gives a 7-10% return yearly, and our government is really good at not spending tax payer dollars, what could possibly go wrong?
  • bagbalm7bagbalm7 Senior Member
    edited November 2008
    Down down down....
  • originalokieoriginalokie Senior Member
    edited November 2008
    Nothing political here; we all know that tomorrow never comes !!!