Betting Talk

State of Washington Report

kkirkkkirk Senior Member
edited November 2008 in Sports Betting
Did not post on the Washington or Washington St. game today. The lines for these two teams are getting so huge and I hate dealing with games with huge lines like that. For what it's worth, both teams got shut out, and lost by a combined total of 114 points. UW is now the only winless team in D-I and WSU's only win was against Portland State. They play each other on Nov. 22. Right now, I think UW would win and comfortably, but still 3 weeks to go until then.
So let's look at the Seahawks on Sunday.
Hawks have only 2 wins this year, against St. Louis (before the Rams improvement lately) and a SF Niners team who fired the coach earlier that week. Additionally, the injuries are beginning to pile up. QB Hasselbeck out, Branch out (and probably for the season), WR Engram out, and most recently announced, DL Kearny out. Also, MLB Tatupu missed time this week with a groin injury, a tough one for a linebacker, and FB Weaver is questionable.
Backup QB Seneca Wallace played well against SF last week and will probalby improve this week as well, in just his 2nd start of the season (he missed several weeks with a bad calf muscle).
Getting down to the nitty-gritty, I just don't see how the Hawks can win this. They rank near the bottom of the league in both offense and defense and the famous Hawk 12th man just doesn't seem to be a difference. Hawks beat Philly last year, in Philly, but McNabb was out, and Philly has double revenge angle going too.
Pick: Philly -7

Record: 1-1 last week, 9-10 overall

Comments

• WynnBigWynnBig Senior Member
    edited November 2008
    How's the weather in Seattle. I read it was raining...what's new.