Betting Talk

State of Washington Report

kkirkkkirk Senior Member
edited October 2008 in Sports Betting
Got to posting late, so no WSU pick today, though all week I thought that there's very little chance they can score more than 10, if at all (in fact, they have the 2nd longest streak in the nation for not being shut out, going all the way back to my own freshman year at WSU, when they lost to Ohio St. 42-0). Continuing the steak is about all we WSU fans are rooting for this year. BTW, just flipped on the TV and Cougs are down 34-0 with 6 minutes left in the 1st half and they just turned the ball over on their own 30.
The only question remaining is if USC can put 80 on them.

Washington--I watched Oregon St. beat up WSU last weekend and was pretty impressed (though I recognize that EVERYONE looks good against WSU). They look very balanced on offense and are good on defense. Don't see anyway they can't put AT LEAST 500 yards of offense up against the Huskies, probably closer to 600. Now that Husky QB Jake Locker is essentially done for the season, UW has very few weapons on offense, and their defense is brutal, obviously. Other than North Texas, the 2 worst teams in D-1 football reside in Washington and USC and Oregon St. will further prove that today>
Pick: OSU -16

Seahawks--QB Hasslebeck out for Hawks again, but backup Seneca Wallace is back, so we won't have to watch the Charlie Frye show again. I don't see any reason for the Hawks to improve on offense or defense (bothare bad), though Wallace is an upgrade at QB this week. Hawks traveling to East Coast again for the 3rd time this season, 2nd time in 2 weeks, and they've always been horrible when they do that, especially this year. Teams that win in the NFL also cover ATS about 85-90 percent of the time, so we'll lay TB and the 10.
Pick: TB -10

PS--USC already in run-out-the-clock mode, as they let it run out in the 2nd quarter at the WSU 10 instead of taking a TO to at least try a FG. 41-0 at the half. Ugly.

Record: 0-2 last week, 7-9 overall.